04 Pro 300

bigfoot

Now that me entry has been accepted for the Six Day I find myself unsure which bike to use on it. I have an 04 pro 300 which I love and a 2001 TXT 280 which I haven't used for a year. I know the TXT well and it's never been any problems at all.

The only real worry I have with the pro is the gear box. I get a fairly sudden and sharp take-up of gears between third and fourth so much so that it really clunks in to gear often not messing well either during the change. Is this fairly standard or is something wrong? I'm not sure it could take a hard week of changes without starting to strip teeth. (if it hasn't started already). I change the oil regularly and there is no sign of excesive wear.

The TXT would need a complete rebuild to ensure it was in top notch condition and I ride better on the pro so would like to ride it.

comments please.

that is totally normal on pro's, i have had three so i should know. The pro will go round scotland with not to much bother if your kind to her. But one prob you might have is the center box as they are renowned for dropping to bits when they get hot and shirty advised last year tht everyone put a steel one on just in case. I had a 04 300 and mine went i was doing the french four day gutted!!!!

Pictures of my 05 pro.

Exhaust brackets were modified before the bike was used by Al the Spanner at White Bros. I rode last years SSDT with the bike as per standard but the middle box exhaust mounts were cracked by the end of the week.

post-7-1105809618.jpg