Hehe!, I Love This!

copemech

''Here's a couple of things America got right,cars .........'' Cars?..cars?? :D:wacko::rotfl:

I must have used a dozen or so hire cars in the U.S. over the years (covering about 1000 miles per car) and the only one they rented me that could go around corners was a effin KIA!?!?...a KIA ! :o:lol:

Just recently I had reserved a Ford Escape for rental from Dollar.

I thought I'd go for a 4WD this time as the ride of the U.S. sedans' were nauseating,like driving a water-bed (Mercury Grand Marquis) :barf: or rigid(Pontiac Grand Prix) ^_^ .

When I got to the desk I was told that the Escape had been removed from the rental fleet because it was too uncomfortable so would I accept an upgrade to a Chrysler Town and Country?

That car even pitched forward and leaned when you changed lanes..not braking or accelerating.

How can they build a car that wallows so much in the corners and yet doesn't absorb bumps in the road?The dash is built from plastics not seen since the containers for TicTac mints.

Re-joining the road by crossing over the side-walk to get back on the main road means driving over the rain run-off gutter which results in the passengers banging their heads off the head-lining of the car or the car grounding out....at any speed.

On the flip side I do like the shape of the Challenger....but that's about all.

Here endeth my job application for TopGear. :D

Edited by HAM2

''Here's a couple of things America got right,cars .........'' Cars?..cars?? :hyper: :hyper: :barf:

I must have used a dozen or so hire cars in the U.S. over the years (covering about 1000 miles per car) and the only one they rented me that could go around corners was a effin KIA!?!?...a KIA ! :blink::lol:

Just recently I had reserved a Ford Escape for rental from Dollar.

I thought I'd go for a 4WD this time as the ride of the U.S. sedans' were nauseating,like driving a water-bed (Mercury Grand Marquis) :barf: or rigid(Pontiac Grand Prix) :blink: .

When I got to the desk I was told that the Escape had been removed from the rental fleet because it was too uncomfortable so would I accept an upgrade to a Chrysler Town and Country?

That car even pitched forward and leaned when you changed lanes..not braking or accelerating.

How can they build a car that wallows so much in the corners and yet doesn't absorb bumps in the road?The dash is built from plastics not seen since the containers for TicTac mints.

Re-joining the road by crossing over the side-walk to get back on the main road means driving over the rain run-off gutter which results in the passengers banging their heads off the head-lining of the car or the car grounding out....at any speed.

On the flip side I do like the shape of the Challenger....but that's about all.

Here endeth my job application for TopGear. :D

You deserved to ride about in a mini-van !!!!! :rolleyes:

These things drive like a dream, run like hell! At least for those of us that do like just a bit of room and comfort, not beating you to death! :blink:

While I was over there my cousin (in-law?) bought himself a 'Street Bob' :rolleyes: ---HERE-----

It vibrated like a pile driver.

He says it's a motorbike but I beg to differ, I think it perfectly highlights the difference between an American vehicle versus...well any other vehicle??

Gawd help you if the U.S. ever try to make a modern trials bike....I mean how wide would the seat have to be?..and a burger holder?? :blink:

While I was over there my cousin (in-law?) bought himself a 'Street Bob' :blink: ---HERE-----

It vibrated like a pile driver.

He says it's a motorbike but I beg to differ, I think it perfectly highlights the difference between an American vehicle versus...well any other vehicle??

Gawd help you if the U.S. ever try to make a modern trials bike....I mean how wide would the seat have to be?..and a burger holder?? :blink:

I must admit that I do not "go there" myself. Mind you, I have had a few rocket bikes and others over the years. And I have also had far too many close calls and injuries due to street riding. :rolleyes:

Gawd help you if the U.S. ever try to make a modern trials bike....I mean how wide would the seat have to be?..and a burger holder?? :rolleyes:

Wayne, the Yanks had a go at building a trials bike in the mid 80's. Made a pretty fine job of it too. Never made it to production though.

Eric Stortz dad, Steve, builds some nice Harleys!

If I ever were to find myself on one, that XR 1200 might just be a fun ride! Yet a solo sex toy machine.

Have a look on the Stortz Performance site.

Being very old school, I just cannot handle the radical designs of the late Beemers and such. And although I have been tempted by the big V strom from Suzi, too cheap to buy a Ducati pos, I just know it is going to be more another death trap to me than anything else. I just always must push them it seems, whatever they will do, and that is why I just stay off!

Has cost too much money and skin already! :rolleyes: