Jcm

Guest coflet

Ive been searching for ages for spares like mudguards and any info etc for my jcm I dont even know what model it is there is nothing on the web. Its a 240 or 250 monoshock with drums front and rear. Its currently in bits but i would like to restore it to original if possible. Id be gratefull for any help Thanks! :wall:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it has drums front and rear then it should be one of the first models which came as 323cc followed by a 240cc. They had an oil-pneumatic rear shock which worked on gas pressure - no spring.

Quinn's was the importer but he is long gone. Robinsons in Rochdale were a dealer and are still around so may have some spares.

Best bet may be Brian Griffiths M/Cs in Hereford (I'm sure it's Hereford) as his son Carl used to ride one and I think he has spares. Don't have a number though.

I had one of the first 323 models. If it's any help and I can get the scanner working I'll post a photo , although have to find the old pictures first.

Thanks for getting back to me any pics would be great, ufortunately the rear shock isnt original as it has a spring an is the wrong fitting to the swinger i will get in touch with these firms if i can find them, Thanks Peter

Don't remember Birkett ever riding one, only Yams from Majesty days onwards. John Reynolds and Mick Andrews rode them but Rob Sartin rode the later disk brake bike, the SR version of the Europa.

I'll hopefully get pics on by tomorrow night. If yours is missing as much stuff as you say though I think you may find it difficult to get the parts now.

I've just remembered. If you search the forum archives you should find another topic on JCM as I remember someone else after info a while back. May have some info useful to you.

Edited by Woody

I used to ride for the importer (bob gollner) around 88-90, currently rebuilding my 240 SR i havent got any spares but can probably help you out , sounds to me like you have a europa weekend , is it red ?

the europa was their main bike and then they made a cheaper version with drum brakes, hope this helps

reply for mr original yes it is red the only bits im really short of is the shock (there must be an equivalent replacement) and the rear mudguard it does have drums front and rear it seems to be a very well engineered bike tho :wall:

If you want to try and contact Joel Corroy for parts, this is his number from the regs of a trial he is organising. It's probably the number of his shop in Vesoul but chances are you'll get someone who speaks a little English. 03.84.75.83.34 or fax 03.84.76.59.24. You'll need the code for France which I can't remember.

Haven't managed to post pictures of my old bike yet - techy problems.... However, if yours is the Europa Weekend model they won't be of any use to you but I'll post just in case anyway. Just don't remember the Weekend having drum front, thought it was drum rear/disk front. Then again, my memory is useless. Didn't know Birkett rode one, let alone was a dealer....

If it is a Europa then Brian Griffiths should be able to help, not sure he has anything for the earlier model. Also, Steve Goode has broken one, maybe two Europas, so worth trying him also. Plastics will be white rather than red though. 01938 850544

I'll have a look around the garage might have somethings left , i have managed to source a new piston for mine ,

reg may did tune all the factory bikes,

my SR was destined for birkett but never got there , dunno why , its got ohlins suspension and uprated compression. The other people on them were rob sartin and andy poad

I cant believe how useful this forum has been all top me thanks everybody i have since found a pic of a jcm just like mine pretty sexy eh i know you would all like one. :wall:

post-13-1106672631.jpg