Jcm

Guest coflet

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats correct the Weekend did have the drum rear disc front and was red...it also had the fuel tank under the seat.

If you look at the photo that coflet has supplied, the bike has drums front and back, conventional tank and the larger barrel....see this photo of a Europa and check out the different frame aswell.

Also t-shock250......when are you gonna get that Jumbo motor in your bike?

Martin

No JCM had upside down forks like in your picture!

as t-shock 250 said the bottom of the engine on early gasggas and jcm were the same, used to gasgas gear selector rods quite often when they broke

Edited by original

Agree on that Original....looks like someone nicked the front end off a Beta for this one!

Original...as you are an ex JCM pilot......were the Europa's and SR's ever used at World Championship level, and if so who was riding them?

I remember Coutard riding the 323....but cant think who was on the later stuff.

Martin

Yes they were used in the world championship , a french rider called michele traini rode them i met him when he was on the SR , nice bloke couldnt speak a word of english, he just truned up at bob gollners with a handful of money didnt have a clue where merthyer tydfil (sp) was , pretty sure he got a 14th at one round.

• 3 weeks later...

Great Thread! I love the weird bikes! In '87 at USA world round, I rode 'round with Tony Scarlett and had had a JCM, Red with tank under seat. He was very friendly even though I was obviously not at WC level, fiving every section but one. In all fairrness it was pretty hard. Jay

• 2 weeks later...

OK .......who needs JCM spares.......

All JCM parts are available from Dimitre Moyeno, he bought up all the

remaining parts can be contacted on 00 33 381860318 hope your french is up to it.......if not e-mail me, he's a nice guy and like the rest of us

passionate about the old stuff....

• 7 months later...

HI, I'm new to this forum. I have just Purchased another Jcm 240 Europa. I had one over 8 years ago now which I rode at expert level for as a school boy in the southern centre. I'm hoping to do my 1st trial on it next sunday after a 8 year break "Hello Yellow Route again". Here's a pic of me in my younger years on my Old JCM. My new one is green and i have know both previous owners from new!

post-1748-1129408811.jpg

• 6 years later...

funny i rode southern centre schoolboy experts on a JCM , i dont remember anyone else riding them in the expert class except for me ever!!

I rode them from 1989 til 1992 if memory serves me right

Just seen this post again while searching as im looking for a jcm again, Sorry to drag up an old post, I rode JCM in expert at club level in southern centre and rode southern centre rounds if my clubs were hosting them. I rode the intre centre for the southern centre in I think 93 up north hosted by Spen Valley Club.

150813_463884519343_848244343_5333436_4958629_n.jpg

In the pic is me (59) and Andy Blackman (61), I Can't remember the others.

We must have been riding different trials, Wayne.