Beta Evo 2011

whackywoody

They fail because some of them have no damping. If you can turn your rear shock rebound damper in all the way in, and the damping doesn't slow ..... it has failed. Unfortunately the rear shocks don't appear to be rebuildable.

PS. You need rebound damping for traction.

When i first got my 09 290 evo. The rebound damping adjuster on the rear shock had alot of friction. It was hard to turn and It broke off after a few turns. I think it was cross threaded when it was first assembled. The Importer replaced it under warranty. I believe the shock is rebuildable. I was able to open my Sachs shock to change the oil. It's a pretty easy job. Someone with mechanical savy and some basic shop tools could do it. A shrader valve must be installed to service the shock.

Where are you getting this info from, or is this all just wishful hoping

as I understand the rear shock was only a problem on a small number of bikes, Trials clutches have always been a sticking point (no pun intended) and everyone wants a DID rim but the price doesn't equate on a production bike

Where are you getting this info from, or is this all just wishful hoping

as I understand the rear shock was only a problem on a small number of bikes, Trials clutches have always been a sticking point (no pun intended) and everyone wants a DID rim but the price doesn't equate on a production bike

Except the production 2011 evo will have a morad DID copy. Allegedly.