Cheapest Way To Buy Parts

mark1984

Can any one tell me the beat way to get parts to save money I need a new piston gudion pin crank and main bearings also the relevant oil and case seals to do the job any help would be aprisiated. Would it be cheaper to sell motor and buy a new one?

Not the cheapest things to replace i am afraid. What has gone wrong to cause you to do such major work?

If your careful you may be able to reuse the relevant gaskets but as far as parts go you will need new ones. I would give Pidcocks a call as they are the new Montesa importer to get a base price and then try BVM or Jim Sandiford to see if they can do it cheaper.

You may be able to get a lightly used 2nd hand piston and pin if you can find someone who has recently installed the 280cc kit.

That's very true I will try find some one who upgraded. I got the bike about 3 months ago and before I owned it it has had a lung full of water I want to just replace every thing it could be instead of messing about on it as I have been trying to work it out since I got it.

sandifords went bust a while back.

Carloline has a new website for parts ordering, I recently ordered engine parts and enjoyed the same prompt service that I have previously received, they were delivered here in Australia only 7 days after placing the order.

• 8 months later...

i have been waiting 2 weeks for an order from sandifords half of it has arrived today not impressed at all be warned

I emailed martin sandiford for a price including postage to ireland for a lot of parts which included piston, rings, gudgeon pin, small end, gaskets, rear fender ,spokes and various other items , in all a total of 32 separate items , He emailed the next day with a total , I rang him that evening with credit card details and asked for advice on piston size and he was very helpful . My order arrived 5 days later, oh yea the best part HOW MUCH for the stuff = 200pounds. I must say my experience with sandifords was a good one