Can Handle Bar Risers Stop Back Pain?

benwall

When im riding i can suffer from back pain, some companies claim that there rissers can stop back pain when riding, can anyone tell me if bar rissers are any good and if they have helped them?

If the pain is caused by flexing the spine then adding the risers should take you into a little more extension and reduce the pain. If its due to a weakness in the surrounding musculoskeletal structure then I'd say it will come back eventually even with the new riding position.

I'd try using the risers to solve the problem in the short term but also try working on some back stretches and also some lower abdominal strengthening.

Core exercises, bar risers, lower pegs,move them back and row the bars forward are all good but the first 1 is most important. Work the core.

And before that, remove any inflammatory foods that are stopping the core muscles doing what they're supposed to do. Number 1 cause of back pain, poor diet switches the muscles off as the various organs share the same nerve network as the surrounding muscles meaning the back gets overworked when the abdominals don't do their share of the work.

What type of risers are you using ? 40 mm sounds a lot. I'm looking for some for my scorpa and believe I need the same as the ones for the gas gas. Any ideas ? Cheers.

I milled mine from aluminum bar, 40mm is perfect and effects handling in a positive way, it gives more

room on the bike with little or no change to weight distribution. Takes all the strain off the lower back and

puts the bars more in front of you.

2cents

You mean you raised the bars by 40mm? Sounds a lot but if it works....

What year is your scorpa? I have an 09 and am looking to raise the bars but so far I can only find the S3 risers and think they are a bit pricey, also paying for fore/aft adjustment which I'm not sure is necessary....Any thoughts or advice more than helpful...Thanks