2011 250 GG

manx2day

Having just purchased a new GG and having a first proper ride out yesterday, i have to say i'm very very impressed. :D

The trial was probably THE muddiest i have ever ridden and getting traction was a bit of an issue but the new bike managed to find it rather well.

Having downgraded from a 300 to a 250 i was expecting a big difference in the power but for the first time out it seemed extremely similar at the bottom end, it did lack that bit of top end (obviously, but not so much) but in the sort of coniditions we had yesterday you wouldn't have needed it but, it did pull when you needed it.

THe suspension was extremely planted which will have helped finding the grip and the balance of the bike is very good. The slightly wider frame seems to have helped out a lot. It feels as though you can have a lot more control when leaning on the foot pegs to change direction quickly. The riding position is pretty confortable too.

Overall i was very impressed with it and would highly recommend it to anyone who is thinking of buying one. :thumbup:

Totally agree with you manx.

Rode mine for the first time yesterday and what a bike, the grip i found was phenomenal.

Very very pleased with it. And after a very wet day including many stream sections there was next to no water in the new airbox.

Ollie

Totally agree with you manx.

Rode mine for the first time yesterday and what a bike, the grip i found was phenomenal.

Very very pleased with it. And after a very wet day including many stream sections there was next to no water in the new airbox.

Ollie

I always find gassers very heavy at the front end compared to other bikes, is this something that others experience when changing bikes and is it something that you get used to?

• 2 weeks later...

You are kidding right?

Yea, that was my thoughts when I read that.

Heavy at the front? Gas Gas? no way!

I was Gas Gas for years then changed to a Beta Rev3, one of the main reasons for me selling and going back to Gas Gas was the heavy front end on the Rev3.

no kidding

jump on a scorpa or 4rt or sherco then jump on a gasser

the gasser is not heavy on the front in my view, I havent ridden an evo but the gasser is noticably lighter than a rev 3

your not riding with the missus on the handlebars are you ??

When I had a GG, I thought it was light, But Got an evo now & it feels so much lighter in every way, Front end feels lighter, I find it a lot easier to flick about, & the Evo is supposed to be a couple of Kilograms heavier than the GG.

Just to be "Fair" what years?

I mean comeone man, my 08 is lighter than my 06, dad's raga 11 is ligher still, and so on, lot has to do with footpeg position, bar position, and more for criminey sakes, it is stupid to say "got off the old gasgas (forgot to mention that the gasgas was a 99 model,,, D'oh) and got on the beta and now the beta seems lighter" As far as I know it is what you did. Hell every year the same make bikes seem lighter to the older bikes they had, sheesh.

No way in h3ll the 4rt seems lighter than the pro's since the same age, NO WAY. Has to be another factor biasing your thoughts.

No?

That is Rich, comming from the man who's "nickname" is synonomous with one of the freaking heaviest trials bikes ever produced, each year they have been in production (Honda). If you are actually EJ, then I respect what you accomplished, but still. sorry maybe the "factory rider" bikes were competitively within "weight"... but the ones being shipped were way heavy bikes compared to competiton at the time (model year).

Just to be "Fair" what years?

I mean comeone man, my 08 is lighter than my 06, dad's raga 11 is ligher still, and so on, lot has to do with footpeg position, bar position, and more for criminey sakes, it is stupid to say "got off the old gasgas (forgot to mention that the gasgas was a 99 model,,, D'oh) and got on the beta and now the beta seems lighter" As far as I know it is what you did. Hell every year the same make bikes seem lighter to the older bikes they had, sheesh.

No way in h3ll the 4rt seems lighter than the pro's since the same age, NO WAY. Has to be another factor biasing your thoughts.

Good point, Forgot to mention my GG was a 300 2009, & my evo is a 290 2010, Also had a go on a 2011 250 GG & still doesn't feel as light as my evo does. I suppose it's just probably what you are used to.