4x4 pickup and 2 bikes

graham5170

hi all

problem i need transport for the bikes

want to get more into trials and get going to events etc but also want to get my boys involved with there Gas Gas 50TXT and my monty

my wife is not happy about getting a van and parking it on drive " what will the neighbours say!!!" i could park it down the road in the car park but how long till it gets broke in to ?

i was thinking about a Nervana or L200 type , but can you get two bikes in it with the tail down??

it would work because i could get all the family in it and it could live on the drive.

Any other ideas about gettin the family to trials events / dad, mum and 2 boys

thanks guys

hi all

problem i need transport for the bikes

want to get more into trials and get going to events etc but also want to get my boys involved with there Gas Gas 50TXT and my monty

my wife is not happy about getting a van and parking it on drive " what will the neighbours say!!!" i could park it down the road in the car park but how long till it gets broke in to ?

i was thinking about a Nervana or L200 type , but can you get two bikes in it with the tail down??

it would work because i could get all the family in it and it could live on the drive.

Any other ideas about gettin the family to trials events / dad, mum and 2 boys

thanks guys

Hi,

We use a Ford Ranger double cab to transport two bikes without problem. If you have passengers on the back seat you will also need to stash riding gear/ spares etc. on the pickup bed. We use plastic storage boxes with lids that clip on tightly! These slide down between the two bikes and are held in place by a sprung, load bar. The Ranger is our only 4 wheeled vehicle and so has to be the family car during the week and bike transport at the weekend. We much prefer it to towing and storing a trailer, which we did for many years.

Hope this helps!

Not too sure if i want to use a trailer because it will have to be storred somewhere when not in use

the 4x4 way is what i was looking to do because if it works i will get rid of my car and use the 4x4 for me family and bikes amd my wife can keep her car

when bikes are on the back of a 4x4 nervana/L200 type i would think that the tail gate will need to be down for the back end of the bikes to sit on, do the police have anything against this ?

if anybody had some pictures of this setup it would be of great help to me

Thanks all

• 2 weeks later...

For cab space for the family i would go for the Navara i find i have plenty of room with the wife and 2 kids with regards having the tail gate down while driving this is not a issue as the tail lights can be seen either side and you are also able to see the number plate there are also plenty of tie down points in the floor to strap the bikes down hope this is of some help

For cab space for the family i would go for the Navara i find i have plenty of room with the wife and 2 kids with regards having the tail gate down while driving this is not a issue as the tail lights can be seen either side and you are also able to see the number plate there are also plenty of tie down points in the floor to strap the bikes down hope this is of some help

Navara also has the biggest load bed as well,, new shape L200 bed is very small unless you go for the new long bed version.

Edited by PHB

• 1 month later...

Maybe your chosen sport should have been tennis. :shutup:

:rotfl:

While I am in no way an expert on the L200, it seems awfully small (I'd almost not call it a truck). The Navara (Frontier in North America) seems like a better option. That being said, I'd still recommend something like a Ford Ranger, F250, or a Chevy Colorado instead of the L200 or Navara.

:rotfl:

While I am in no way an expert on the L200, it seems awfully small (I'd almost not call it a truck). The Navara (Frontier in North America) seems like a better option. That being said, I'd still recommend something like a Ford Ranger, F250, or a Chevy Colorado instead of the L200 or Navara.

unfortunately in the UK most of us cannot afford to run the F250 or such like trucks as our fuel prices are far higher than yours in the USA, so the best option for us is the Navara type size of truck

• 4 weeks later...

Why not just get a full size truck to use in stead of a smaller light duty. Why not get something with a full standard bed and an extended cab to make hauling everything easier. You can easily get three bikes in the back of a standard box bed and carry all your gear in the cab for when it rains. This is how i do it here in the states

1216101618a.jpg

1216101618.jpg