4x4 pickup and 2 bikes

graham5170

Hi

I have a 2005 Toyota Hilux Invincible.

I can get 3 bikes on the back with a bit of trick tying up.

My scorpa, my oldest son's Sherco 125 with my youngest Beta 80 in the middle.

A couple of old sofa cushions in between bikes and lean the outer bikes into the middle and tie up.

Not ideal but it works!!!!

Newer Toyota Hilux's are physically bigger but can't speak of load length.

When i bought the toyota i tried the mitsubushi but the turning circle is rubbish, the toyota is holding its price well too.

Good luck

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

You can do so much more with a real truck. I can get three bikes comfortably into the bed of both my chevys with plenty of room inside for when we travel to events

At £1.35 a Litre of fuel thats why we dont have real trucks.........

Edited by jimbo349

This is true fuel anywhere is never cheap however the 85 chevy that i have is a 305 5L Big block and it easily gets 18 to the gallon here. My interpretation of trucks is different than it is over there. Id rather have a big truck that gets fairly good gas milage that i can do multiple things with as appose to a small truck i cant hardly do anything with at all. All the small trucks that are over here are more like cars not trucks and i cant stand that

18 to the gallon, you should be ashamed.

Think I am getting about 14 to 15 with my 2002 GMC 2500HD Sierra, 2 wheel drive Extended cab with 6.0 Liter V-8.

But on a side note I generally do not drive it everyday, I have a small car that I run when I just need to get from point A to point B (30 miles/gallon) The truck is for truck stuff, hauling bikes, wood, moving logs etc......

Edited by ZIPPY

Hey it could be worse i could be driving my CJ-7 Jeep rock crawler that gets about 4 to the gallon on a good day thanks to a 350 bigblock chevy and a high performance Holley 4-Barrel carb with mechanical secondaries. Then again a buggatti veyron measures its fuel consumption in gallons per min and can run out of fuel in 12 mins at 252 mph. I dont have one of those sady.

Thats not too bad for that size of truck zippy

• 3 weeks later...

L200's you can't beat em

yeah they're great, my new 05 animal (old shape)was best part of £19k, fuel pump £3k, power upgrade £900,after 9000 miles, shook like a quivering donkey never again, new model or not.

Edited by Greg