New Gas Gas Torch Bearer?

nottoogood

It makes sense to me that if more trials riders are to be motivated to develop their skills and ride the pro class and compete with the top 3 riders in the national series or even at the club level there needs to be a pro purse. Most every other pro sport worth mentioning has a pro purse. If pro payout were availiable to the riders. The up and coming riders would try harder. If your club is asking $30 Entry fee that would be enough or fees could be raised just a little which would provide purse money at the club level and trials meets could be set closer to civilization so spectator money could made. If there were spectators at the meets then sponsers could be found. I know it's fun to ride and camp at the beautiful trials sites that are currently established, but if the trials community were to aproach national motocross tracks and have a trials area built so a trials could be had once a year in a few areas around the country or set a trials at the endurocross events for the upper level riders like their doing in europe now. If their is money to be made The best riders will come to the series on their own. No one will have to bring them. Thats the problem as i see it. Theres no money to motivate people.

Edited by Liviob

• 1 month later...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is very hard to know what to do for the best-- cant please everyone all the time i guess!-- We are lucky enough to know a lot of these riders in europe/ UK and had taken advantage of that to get them over here in the past in an effort to try and promote the sport here, both helping riders here and at the same time allowing the euro riders to see some of the USA-- all this in an effort to try and generate enthusiasam promoting progress in the sport trials here in the USA, we have had come over such names as, Jim Lampkin organising several scools on the west coast, then Alex Wigg and Sam haslem (got a right royal roasting for that!)-- we have also had Shaun Morris over several times-- we could bring more and try and do this on a regular basis... but it seems every time we do,-- we get this UK vs USA nonsense. Seems there is never a problem while they are here teaching putting on demos and trainning , but as soon as they do an event we always have a problem!--- i must add, MOST are very appreciative , but just a few are not so , It would be nice to try and get over this hurdle and bring some more high calibre riders over to try and improve from---this i feel would bring the USA trials scene more in line with the european trials scene and over time feel improve our relationships bringing more oppertunities for riders to go there and ride also.

Any way, thats my two pennies worth for what its worth!

It is very hard to know what to do for the best-- cant please everyone all the time i guess!-- We are lucky enough to know a lot of these riders in europe/ UK and had taken advantage of that to get them over here in the past in an effort to try and promote the sport here, both helping riders here and at the same time allowing the euro riders to see some of the USA-- all this in an effort to try and generate enthusiasam promoting progress in the sport trials here in the USA, we have had come over such names as, Jim Lampkin organising several scools on the west coast, then Alex Wigg and Sam haslem (got a right royal roasting for that!)-- we have also had Shaun Morris over several times-- we could bring more and try and do this on a regular basis... but it seems every time we do,-- we get this UK vs USA nonsense. Seems there is never a problem while they are here teaching putting on demos and trainning , but as soon as they do an event we always have a problem!--- i must add, MOST are very appreciative , but just a few are not so , It would be nice to try and get over this hurdle and bring some more high calibre riders over to try and improve from---this i feel would bring the USA trials scene more in line with the european trials scene and over time feel improve our relationships bringing more oppertunities for riders to go there and ride also.

Any way, thats my two pennies worth for what its worth!

I for one can't imagine why anyone would trouble you for bringing new talent here. Seems to me there has always been a very positive reaction among the people in our club attending these events. Forget the "few". Don't let their personal agenda get in the way of making the sport in this country more entertaining.