New Gas Gas Torch Bearer?

nottoogood

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK if BS is now taking over this thread....I offer the following. Just as Nigel Mansel came to the states during the waning of his open wheel career...I surmise Dougie will make the rumors true and switch to Gas Gas for his stateside debut.

Now, THAT would be interesting. Dougie has stated several times he really likes riding here in the States.

Jon

OK if BS is now taking over this thread....I offer the following. Just as Nigel Mansel came to the states during the waning of his open wheel career...I surmise Dougie will make the rumors true and switch to Gas Gas for his stateside debut.

Cope, are you copacetic with Doug comin over?

Actually,there is a lot more to this issue as I percieve it. Let us start with a US rider being inelligable in the Euro Champ series, which is a minor series as compared to WTC, granted, but unless you reside there, you cannot apply for points.

David Chaves was indeed a resident here. Not a visitor. As a WTC jr champ, his level of riding was on par and he was a good contender.

Tommi, as an ex WTC champ, well , go figure. Should run non-comp.

Fast Freddy, he was nothing but a cherry picker that tried to come over for a quick sweep to boost his ego. Whiney butt! Lucky he survived Texas after he and his minder running their mouth after a 5 in my(our) section. Go home ass hole! No respect for this guy anymore! p*** on him! You notice he is too good to compete today!

At the same time, there are a number of good young riders that of course we would enjoy seeing over here. However, I still feel that THEY are not the ones that we are supporting, nor should be a US champ.

I do think we should have an exchange program with the WTC Youth and or JR riders. It all gets very complicated with schedules, school, sponsorship and such.

When was chaves junior champ?

R C III plans to compete for GasGas Usa unless someone knows something we do not . We are overjoyed with the support and confidence Dale put into RIII He has been training hard and is in the best shape of his life .. He does Plan to compete for a top ten position in National Enduro Series as well in 2011 and Beyond .. He ran out of cash to ride the remaining Endurocrosses but I would not count him out of there just yet either I believe he raised a eyebrow or two banging bars with Destry Abbott and Ricky Dietrich this year as well.. He really wants to improve his National Ranking in 2011 in the Pro MotoTrials Series as well .. Guess Time will tell !!!

Edited by Ron

R C III plans to compete for GasGas Usa unless someone knows something we do not . We are overjoyed with the support and confidence Dale put into RIII He has been training hard and is in the best shape of his life .. He does Plan to compete for a top ten position in National Enduro Series as well in 2011 and Beyond .. He ran out of cash to ride the remaining Endurocrosses but I would not count him out of there just yet either I believe he raised a eyebrow or two banging bars with Destry Abbott and Ricky Dietrich this year as well.. He really wants to improve his National Ranking in 2011 in the Pro MotoTrials Series as well .. Guess Time will tell !!!

I only get a chance to see Ron III ride a couple times a year but it does give me some perspective as to how nicely he's progressing. Every time I see him his skill level and composure has jumped considerably.

Jon

Cope, are you copacetic with Doug comin over?

Well, he can stay here any time, ride endurocross or whatever. But, if riding a US National series, I still think a non-comp or exhibition status is sufficient for a still top WTC rider. He has nothing to proove here, just have a good time and hang with the kids!

Now they are over 18, one can legally beat their asses without them calling child abuse! :rolleyes:

Good to hear from Ron on this. I hope he gets some good sponsorship money in the enduro thing. Hell, I could quickly run out of money just trying to watch all that! I hope he stays in the trials, yet at the same time, I think a lot will depend upon schedules and budjets! Unless one has a magic FREE pass!

David Chaves was around before the WTC jr was inaugurated I think. Dabster?

The "Dougie" speculation is interesting. Trials and endurocross, two for the price of one maybe?

I think I should have said Spanish Junior champ. Try to figure this.

Biograf