New Gas Gas Torch Bearer?

nottoogood

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andalucian jnr champ Copey, not Spanish. Andalucia is a region of Spain like Texas is of the US.

Oh , I see! Obviously I should have said he was a Junior and Senior Champ in Spain! Somewhere!

Did I ever tell you I was a Central Regional Champ once too! Oh well, never mind.

All point being , he was a good competitor here. I am not sure if he ever pulled a win on Geoff Aaron, but Bruce LeRiche did, at least once, but he was a resident as well.

:rolleyes:

the question is how many American trials riders share Copey's provincial attitude?

I do not know that my provincial attitude is any different than the Euro Championships as best I understand it.

Our series is about Us! Our riders that are trying hard and such. We do have some talent, but just kicking the s--t out of these kids will not teach them anything.

One of the other things that is important, is the fact that the US sponsors usually pay bonus money to riders depending upon their placement in events and series...

Having a Dougie come over here and take a few wins for his own ego(and the manufacturer pushing the brand) is like taking candy from a baby! They loose the position and the money associated with it, and what exactly does Doug gain? Another pin on the wall?

If money were no object, we just put a better rider on X-bike, and nothing is gained. They take the money home, our kids still are lacking, worked their asses off, got them kicked, went home broke and broken for their effort. Go figure! :rolleyes:

Oh , I see! Obviously I should have said he was a Junior and Senior Champ in Spain! Somewhere!

Did I ever tell you I was a Central Regional Champ once too! Oh well, never mind.

All point being , he was a good competitor here. I am not sure if he ever pulled a win on Geoff Aaron, but Bruce LeRiche did, at least once, but he was a resident as well.

Te junior wtc started in 200 so if he was over 23 then he mised the chance.

hing is most of our top 6 would walk the us champs, can't work out why people don't give it a go if they can't win here/

Our series is about Us! Our riders that are trying hard and such. We do have some talent, but just kicking the s--t out of these kids will not teach them anything.

You'll have to excuse Copey, he lives in another country that has grudgingly agreed to be called one of the United States until it deems otherwise in it's best interest.... :D

I'd like to see Dougie come over and ride whatever event he wants. If the name of the game is competition, being challenged is one of the ways we learn. I remember Tommi Ahvala coming down from Missouri and riding one of the club Trials I put on (non-comp) and then putting on a free Trials show for all the riders and spectators. Hard to beat that for promoting Trials in the U.S. and there are several riders who are still riding today who started because of Tommi.

As I remember, most all the visiting Trials riders have also put on schools for the U.S. riders and promoted the sport. "We do have some talent, but just kicking the s--t out of these kids will not teach them anything"- I doubt that Dougie is going to kick anybody, but what he might do is raise the bar, hopefully put on some Trials schools and perhaps share his skills with us. If "these kids" only ride against each other, they will never get any better than each other.

Jon

Let the flames ignite....

Resident my as$, having top euros come over has raised the bar here, period. There have been good guys like Ahvala and little pr!cks like Crosset.

The USA used to produce World Championship caliber riders. How did we get there? We went to Europe and got our asses kicked and we got better. Mostly California riders. They wasn't skeered.

What Happened next? We stayed home and fell behind and have stayed there for 30 years.

Guess you Texas boys are afraid to take a whoopin and need to be protected from the big bad Euros.

Dougie's pal David Knight came over and did the GNCC for 2 years. GNCC is a strong series with International riders.

Our NATC series could improve if we set a goal to make it as international as the WTC.

This is fun.

Edited by the observer

Having a Dougie come over here and take a few wins for his own ego(and the manufacturer pushing the brand) is like taking candy from a baby! They loose the position and the money associated with it, and what exactly does Doug gain? Another pin on the wall?

Thats exactly the sentiment I heard 35 years ago in Motocross.

They take the money home, our kids still are lacking, worked their asses off, got them kicked, went home broke and broken for their effort. Go figure! :rolleyes:

Or they work their asses off, take their lumps and learn from the experience, and eventually do some ass kicking of their own.

Edited by motovita

Or they work their asses off, take their lumps and learn from the experience, and eventually do some ass kicking of their own.

Which is what Patrick did this year, went, had a good week, came home. BROKE! Good week!

Roumours of Cody doing the deal? All good till the money runs out!

This ain't MX, and it ain't 30 years ago!

Go find the money! It is not there!

Yes, I would love to see Dougie here, but you can bet he will not be here to do trials! That would be nothing but filler, just as Tommi popping into a trials between his Expo event schedule! They just want to go ride too! Non Comp is fine because all they want is a fun and safe ride. Rest assured the trials is not going to pay enough to fix broken bones!

When we DO get the kids together, such as at TTC training camp, that is when they really do learn, and push each other. Problem here is the fact that we are indeed so spread accross the country that that this seldome happens outside of the events themselves. And time is short.

Do you actually think the US importers have the money to sponsor a season in Europe for the riders?

I am much more inclined to think we should start an exchange program with the youth riders, with bonafide sponsors, or there will be nothing! Even this is radical, Put up a couple grand to bring them over, feed and house them for a while and get them to a decent practice area or a couple trials, a month is gone and time to go. Adrian did it!

Which is what Patrick did this year, went, had a good week, came home. BROKE! Good week!

Roumours of Cody doing the deal? All good till the money runs out!

This ain't MX, and it ain't 30 years ago! Yeah, but we can learn from MX history.

Go find the money! It is not there!

Very true,so we figure out another way! Bring them here

Yes, I would love to see Dougie here, but you can bet he will not be here to do trials! That would be nothing but filler, just as Tommi popping into a trials between his Expo event schedule! They just want to go ride too! Non Comp is fine because all they want is a fun and safe ride. Rest assured the trials is not going to pay enough to fix broken bones!

When we DO get the kids together, such as at TTC training camp, that is when they really do learn, and push each other. Problem here is the fact that we are indeed so spread accross the country that that this seldome happens outside of the events themselves. And time is short. So True.

Do you actually think the US importers have the money to sponsor a season in Europe for the riders?

No, never said that. I said to bring them over here!

Its cheaper!

I am much more inclined to think we should start an exchange program with the youth riders, with bonafide sponsors, or there will be nothing! Even this is radical, Put up a couple grand to bring them over, feed and house them for a while and get them to a decent practice area or a couple trials, a month is gone and time to go. Adrian did it!

Great idea! It could be done at low cost and would benefit everybody.

Adrian got a lot of HEAT for bringing over Morris. Ask him

Edited by the observer

Adrian got a lot of HEAT for bringing over Morris. Ask him!

I am sure he did, for the same reasons. That was then and now is now! And that was another potential Crosset story, averted.

Spanyards teach Mexicans today via the internet! How do you think Pat knows what he does? The kid emulated everything, every move, on every bike, and practiced it! He may have more tricks than Bou!

Cody is the same way, and is a powerhouse of a rider! With a steady approach!

On any given day, putting it all into application is the key. A brain fart can get you!

There are a few younger kids the same way that are moving up now. Ray P. has a big target on his ass, and has for years now. It seems a bit ironic, but some of them do need to get a grip, as trick riding will not get you past Ray! Strong basics are a huge building block.