200 MINARELLI FANTIC FOOTREST MODS

lee harris

I have a really great 1981 156 back kick fantic. it sought off took a back seat and has been stood up for several years. I decided to ride it a bit more so I have just done a ring, decoke, shocks, clutch etc etc..

We all know the footrest are only 1 inch wide and too high so how have you modded yours? I think Wewson posted some bolt on alu blocks a few years back, but I want to use raptors, moving lower and furter back, ie welding.

post me some pictures please...

Thanks

lee

i was of the same opinion as you lee with my new 200 the pegs look too high and too far forward.. however a couple of trials down the road and i think there just fine, thing rides like a good un and i'll be leaving mine std.. take the point about making them wider though but hey you cant have everything .. there was a bike on ebay last week that had a great mod for lightening the clutch, ion the other hand i got aset of new cluthc spings and didnt fit two of them nice and easy.. and saved weight.

the best thing with the fantcis is how hard to get bits seem to be just sitting on the shelves either in weston supermare or north yorkshire.

mines a keeper..

• Like 1

Hi, Lee cant really help you but the standard footrest and position is awfull, rode one of my 200 Fantics around the other day and felt that I was perched in the air,so for me , I would have to get them moved and changed too. What I cant understand is that when I rode these 200 s in the early 80s with a bit of success ,the position of foot rests was never an issue .So I hope some one out there can furnish us both with the info, hope all is well Lee ,The Exmoor 3 day is now the 2 day but an extra event is planned also. Martin.

as a postscript to my oroiginal post. Hilary posted recently that he has a 200 ( i saw him riding at a trial on the thing) he'd a new carby on his and said ithand had some time spent on the carb and airbox any ideas what they might have been as he rode very well...

I don't have any 200 experience but I'd recommend setting the footpeg height as close to the same on all your bikes,when I hop off my Gasgas and onto my 240 I tend to drop off the inside of the first couple of turns until I adapt,It feels like the lower pegs on the Gasser allow my inexperienced azz to turn and climb better,as far as moving them back I'd set the the same distance from the bars as my other bikes if you can,again to make switching among your bikes as seamless as possible.

Hi, Lee cant really help you but the standard footrest and position is awfull, rode one of my 200 Fantics around the other day and felt that I was perched in the air,so for me , I would have to get them moved and changed too. What I cant understand is that when I rode these 200 s in the early 80s with a bit of success ,the position of foot rests was never an issue .So I hope some one out there can furnish us both with the info, hope all is well Lee ,The Exmoor 3 day is now the 2 day but an extra event is planned also. Martin.

Hi Gilly, what happened to the three day...whats the extra event? We will all be coming as this year, 7 or 8 of us i think..

cheers

lee

I went to the liberty of getting a pic of that clutch lightner.

There must be enough 200's rolling for someone to make and sell some kit's,if it's a 1 finger pull id pay.

BJqO8QEGkKGrHqIOKnMEz4Ohhmi5BM-2w9MW9w_12.jpg

was built by clive taylor...lives about 200 kms from me. a brit, speaking german, linin in france and working in switzerland. the clutch really was good...but a a 428 chain link comes cl

Hi Lee I will try and sort a pic out tommorow I just cut original mounts off, flush with frame then welded new brackets about 10mm back and 5mm down.

I dont get the idea of having your footrest at the same level as the skid plate, reason being when your riding your feet will occasionally be below skid plate e.g If riding over a log your toes are going to get trapped arent they? Or am I looking at this wrong?

I have modded many 240s and 300s. I dont like the footrests on the 200 as my feet hurt on the narrow pegs...see my ballet shoes from steve above...so raptors it will be...but position...you may have a point

what do the others say?

Just do a bit of fabrication. Weld a loop (with teeth filed in it) on the back side of the footrest to double its effective width Oh and file off the large pointy tooth at the end of the footrest which just goes through your boots!