New bike time

beta_trials

Ok guys i need your help here. Im beginning to look for a new beta here in the states to start riding. My Techno is a great bike in all but im really beginning to notice that my riding ability is really beginning to outweigh the age and weight of the motorcycle. Members in my club even tell me that once i get onto a more modern lighter bike that i will really be on my way to doing well. I am also agreeing with them more and more. Ideally i want to go to the new EVO however budget just will not allow that to happen at all. :crying: So i need to look at the rev years. What can you guys tell me from anyone who has experience with any rev 270 cc from 2002 to 2008. Tell me pros and cons of bikes through those years. I know that if i go with a 2002 it will be cheaper than a 2008 but would i be wasting my time. I have spent some time and have heard some good news about both the 07 and 08 and i like the 07. Is that worth pursuing?

You want a 2004 or newer. The weight savings made are well worth it. And yes the '08 was the best rev3. I believe the '03 was the worst. You are coming off the worst year of the techno so any rev3 would be a drastic improvement. Good luck on your search.

You want a 2004 or newer. The weight savings made are well worth it. And yes the '08 was the best rev3. I believe the '03 was the worst. You are coming off the worst year of the techno so any rev3 would be a drastic improvement. Good luck on your search.

Why would you say '03 was the worst? I had an '03 up until the time I got an '06. It was a great bike, gave me no problems and while the '06 was a newer fresher bike with a few updates, they really weren't that different.

To sirhc, if you thought the 03 was fine and the 06 was the same you would not notice how great the 08 really shined. By the way ,did you have a 2000,2001,2002,03,04,05 and 06 to compare too? The 03 just handled a bit odd and power was soft.

But are you loving the new 250 2t?

As a matter of fact, I am! After owning 3 different 4-strokes in a row, and being a TOTAL fan of the 4-stroke, I had my reservations about returning to the 2-stroke. After 3 weekend outings on my new EVO, I am right at home, on it. Love how small and light it feels, but still stable and well planted.

I couldn't agree more. I had a 08 Rev 4t 300 and my friend had the 250. I liked the bike and it did me well but, I went down to TTC in 09 and rode the Evo and 2t and 4t back to back. I knew the 4t thing was over for me. I purchased a 10 Evo 290 the following year and will never go back. DG....Try the cocktail mix in your tranny sometime,...you'll love it !!! :)

• 4 weeks later...

It is unfortunate, but if you do the clutch mod thats pinned at the top of the Beta section and lower the trans oil to 425cc the clutch and trans will work better than new.

Strongly agree with this. My '08 270 was a great bike( still is but it don't belong to me no more). But the transmission was difficult to shift until the above was done. There are some improvements in the new bike from the '08 but the '08 was just a great bike. Funny thing was I couldn't ride it when I first got it. I thought I was going to set the world on fire, and all I could do was crash! I didn't learn how to ride it till after I broke my leg on it.