To all you Gaerne boot wearers out there?

benz19

Hi,

Just bought a new pair of Gaerne Balance boots in white from a shop in Stroud and got them to send them me by post.

My question is,do these boots stretch or loosen as they bed in????

They are a little on the tight side,but i once made the mistake of buying a pair of Hebo's a while back that were a nice fit new,but once i had worn them a couple of times they were like a sloppy slipper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your experiences would be great........thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bought some balance oiled a while ago, same size as my previous gaernes but much smaller! be patient and wear them in gradually should be fine, mine are supposed to be waterproof and actually are,which i was pleased about, you get what you pay for and i personally think gaernes sre brilliant :thumbup: just my opinion, no doubt other people have their own preference

Likewise, white Gaerne Balance from a certain Stroud based establishment, in Euro 44. Previously had Hebo's in the same size and where super comfy, but had become less than supportive, sort of "sagged" around the ankle. Gaerne were snug to say the least, but have given a little, I took out the inner sole which helped a tad, but now they are fine with sealskinz and very comfy and no sign of sagging. I think they were waterproof but have damaged that flappy membrane in the boot opening.

Hi

I had a pair of Gaerne MX boots and they were great.... sorry to say i brought a pair of the Gaerne Boots Classic Black Lorica

and as much as i tried i could not get on with them..They just never seemed to bed into my feet... :(

I had a pair of alpinestars after and they were great very comfy :thumbup: as are a pair of diadora's i have :thumbup:

Cheers

I bought some Gaerne Oiled boots a few months back (coincidentally also from a shop in Stroud....) in my 'normal' shoe size and they're probably just about the best bit of kit I own (apart from my previous Gaernes that I bought in 1983 and which finally expired about 20 years later). Very comfortable. As Nigel says a bit of care and attention doesn't go amiss.

Cheers,

Ian.