What Tyre Pressure ?

nmh

6 front, 3-4 on rear, 4 for an IRC rear no lower, 3-4 for a Mich rear, can go lower for big mud like the Dunlops. I have heard of riders using higher pressures for practice so they can learn grip but in my experience if you use different settings for practice when you go to a trial you get caught out. I had this on the Mont using good tyres for events and f****d ones for practice, go to a trial and you cant hang on to the bugger as there's so much more grip so always used good tyres practice and comps.

Between 5 - 7 psi in the front and between 3 - 5 depending on riders weight.

Practising on a knackered tyre has never done me any harm and if you can get grip with that then when you put a new one on it will be easy (or maybe thats just me being tight!)

I was once told by Yrjo Vesterinen that you should practise with your bike as it would be prepared for competition. I am quite sure that Bou etc will all practise with good tyres on.

6PSI front 4PSI rear.

I am quite sure that Bou etc will all practise with good tyres on.

Yeah and they get free tyres........My misses doesn't have a "yeah, go grab a new tyre mate" policy. Sadly. So i practice on a knackered tyre.

hey

i train on higher pressure when training for balance (front and rear tyre well inflated 20-30 psi) (stationary hopping and so)

you get a better balance if you train on hard tyres feels really strange but it helps

when riding sections i use normal pressures or experiment a bit with pressures.

best regards bob

it feels really strange and the bike feels very unstable but you will gain a lot of balance

try to keep the bike as straight as possible don't go hanging next to it to restore balance you should restore balance direct when you loose it by pushing on your footpegs

i use to put a coin on my handlebarpad if it drops of you are not keeping the bike straight enough (when being stationary of coarse)

for riding sections i use normal pressure or go a bit higher when the terrain is real grippy

(in summer we dont have slippery terrain to ride so i try to make the bike less grippy also setting the shock a bit faster)

for competitions or when i'm training other stuff than finding grip the bike is set up like it should.

best regards bob

• 1 year later...

• 1 month later...