Garelli Works Bike!

jaylael

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jay:

You're still the man riding that thing around and just finishing :beer: Your still an animal for sure! You have to come up with that man Ishy and contest our Premier twinshock series, the Outlaw Series. Very high level of competition for sure. Myself, Sparky Bill, Todd Nordin, Brett Clark, Don Doerkson etc. Put it on the calendar for next year mate <_<

Cheers, Steve

Steve: I think I'm ready to try and hang with the likes of y'all. You are correct about the high level of competition there. It's like a who's who list of trials greats in my book. I just got in from winning the AHRMA national overall by a big margin at Mid Ohio Sports complex in Lexington Ohio. (on the '73 Hodaka) It had really tough sections for vintage, with the winner on 24 marks, while some experts had scores into the 100's. It was huge, with about 50 people standing at each section. When I'd rev up and slam that little Hodie up a muddy root step waist high, with a svery short run, it almost felt world roundish, the crowd would cheer very loudly! Then they started following me from section to section saying, "Holy S**T! There was a log jump section where you came around the corner and a slippery elevated log fairly tall was sideways to your bike, and I did a floating turn, whip move over it clean three times. Everywhere I went there was cheering! This has been incredible! I have to say I could hear the voice of James Lampkin in my head, telling me, "Right lad, just a bit more to the left, easy, easy, Ahhh, yes, exactly! Right Lad! I like that!" Thanks James for minding via astral projection. <_< About the Garelli, I am trying to get some guys pumped up to ride SWM's, Fantics, Italjets etc. by hosting a twinshock series. These bike have been left all but forgotten, and it will take some time to get the masses stirred up enough to track down and fix a proper twinshock bike. Believe it or not America is somewhat of a desolate wasteland at the moment for these types of machines. I miss the Italian bikes of the eighties. So far it is only just beginning. I am hoping that "If you build it, they will come." JL

Jay:

I'd bet this is your exact bike.

Here you can see Donato Miglio riding it in 1986

Notice the works Garelli shirt

86trial320worksdonatomigliouz2.jpg

Here you can see more pics of Garelli Trial 320 like yours:

85trial3201sd0.jpg

85trial3202yo6.jpg

83trialod0.jpg

However the Garelli Trial 323 monoshock introduced in 1986 was much popular, I can post lost of pics if you want.

You are right! I didn't notice it was a Fantic Motor. Last year I've been to Italy and visited the Fantic Motor heaven (www.bosisiomotori.it) to get parts for my Garelli Sahel (enduro)

They had a lot of parts for Garelli, I'd bet they also have sth for yours.

That is one nice Garelli Trial 320. Looks like it also has a 323 gas tank on it, with the badge spots in it. My original tank which is a little brown colored from age, has no badge spots. I have yet to see what the tank badges look like. I also have the original headlight and tail light. Those marzochi shocks must be original. I never knew that's what they came with, because Donato or someone else, had lifted the shocks, carb, chain, and controls. So far the Armstrong CCM kickstarter Idler gear from Paul is still working fine. I hope very much that continues. I have ridden three trials on my Garelli so far. I am beginning to get used to riding it and love it! I noticed the Garelli logo with the star trek swoosh is the same as the one on AXO riding gear. I saw Donato Miglio ride the 323 at Bodines PA in 1987. He finished a respectable 8th or ninth place if I remember correctly. I have a genuine Garelli jersey which I found on E bay. Garelli Sahel please post more Garelli pics. They are awesome!

Edited by JayLael

OK here we go:

This is from Peter Jahn in action by 1986 riding the Garelli 323:

86323trialpeterjahnxk3.jpg

The following 2 pics are a 323 that was for sale somewhere some years ago:

86trial3231fs4.jpg

86trial3232ay3.jpg

Misc 323 pics:

86trial3233mg6.jpg

86trial323adoc6.jpg

If you like them, I have more. I remember I've read a test of the 1987 model in a magazine, I'll scan it and post it here.

• 2 years later...