Garelli Works Bike!

jaylael

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
I just won the E Bay auction for a former Donato Miglio works Garelli Trial 320. I am very excited to get my hands on this rare and interesting bike. I wonder if there's anyone out there who knows anything about them or has one? I searched the web and found a guy in CZ who is looking for kickstarter parts. I am certain the kicker mechanism is a weakness of this machine. I will be trying to resolve this problem enough to at least ride the old girl a little bit. Heres a picture of the beast. Sincerely, Jay Lael.

Hello friend i have just bought a garelli 323-same as 320 but its mono shock, have loads of pics and its for sale open to offers.

havent seen one of these for years, fantastic bikes to ride,i had one from new.

as you have found out the kickstart gears are a bit fragile,this was a constant problem with mine and the reason i sold it in the end. wish i still had it now though.

The kickstarter got a rigorous workout friday night two weekends ago I was riding the Garelli up in the hills behind my house, while a friend rode my M4RT. After stopping to admire the view she refused to restart. I ended up pushing the thing back with my M4RT while my friend rode the dead Garelli. I have since rebuffed the points and set timing etc. I shine them up on a wire wheel and go through the precision adjustment with a dial indicator. I also have a big zip tie to hold my footpeg up while kicking. If the bike ever backfires and the kickstarter is trapped under the footpeg, that is what explodes the kickstarter idler gear etc. The zip tie just dangles there when you are not using it to hold up the footpeg. Sure beats breaking the hard parts.

Had a brilliant time at this weekend's Hammer & Tongs twinshock trial. 22 riders who all seemed to be smiling. Enclosed is a photo of yours truly on the Garelli.

post-27-1148314599.jpg

Edited by JayLael

• 4 weeks later...

The wolf is at the door and I am desperate. If anyone is interested in this bike I would sell it for $500.00 US as is. (The kickstarter gear has broken again) I could disassemble and box it for separate shipments for an additional $100.00 There is no title Jay

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks so much to Paul-CCM Trials! I got the Garelli running again and rode the advanced class at the "Dabber" trial today. It was unbearably hot, so the wife and I made a run for it before learning the results. What a heavy beast! It took me a couple of loops before I got used to riding it. Seems the Can-Am kickstarter Idler gear looks different from the Garelli one, but works a treat. The clutch baskets are different. Can-Am one doesn't fit on the Garelli. Jay

• 3 weeks later...

The Agratti Garelli Trial 320 has survived another Hammer and Tongs twinshock trial. (round 2) It performed flawlessly and is still functional so it's a win/win. I laid out the trial and conducted the riders meeting, won the event with 11 points 15 cleans, in. We had 14 riders in the 105 degree heat, and had to make due with 3 observers. I think getting observers is the toughest thing for a trials marshall to do. There are a few pics from the trial at http://www.vintagemotocross.us/burntridgeweb/index.htm

post-27-1153877279.jpg