NGK Iridium spark plugs?

benwall

All I can add to this topic is with my trusty old Fantic I cross referenced the OE. plug out to a Denso irridium a few years ago and have not had a ign. problem since . She generally starts 1st or 2nd kick no matter how long it's been since I got to ride or the temp from cold , And always seems to take just a single kick when warmed up ... I beleive they make the most of the Fantics known weak ign. systems . In fact I bought two when I got them and the 2nd one is still unused in the toolbox on the bike . :thumbup:

And as to indexing plugs , I build spec miata motors for scca racing and that is one of the details that helps get every ounce of power a "stock" motor can produce ! Haven't experimented with indexing on the fantic yet , as strapping her to the chassis dyno may be a chore ... :D

Glenn B)

And as to indexing plugs , I build spec miata motors for scca racing and that is one of the details that helps get every ounce of power a "stock" motor can produce ! Haven't experimented with indexing on the fantic yet , as strapping her to the chassis dyno may be a chore ... :D

Glenn B)

You're in luck Glenn, I doubt you'd have to strap the Fantic down to the dyno. Plug indexing works best for offset plug location in combustion chambers (especially in four-strokes due to valve intrusion) and most Trials two-strokes use central location.:)

I also use the NGK Iridium plugs in both the Pro and TY's. They don't add performance, they just keep it consistant.

Jon

And another plug - Brisk.

28423_47437.jpg

Using it in the Pampera, seems good. Tried it in the Pro and got occaisional misfire!

So has the Pamp a perkier ignition?

May well indeed if it supports the plug. This pic is an example of some the designs I was referring to. Just how you gonna gap that thing properly for a bike? :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

• 4 weeks later...