After 3, they're free.

jse

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank Christ we get too many US lame brain ideas imported over here. I blame Timothy Leary.

"I blame Timothy Leary"----Duuuude. Have you ever looked at a section? I mean reeeeeeeeeeealy looked at a section?.... :stoned:

I agree, if counting a rotation as an additional point is, in fact, a new "rule", it adds an additional level of complication without providing the advantage of clarification. Trials, to me, is, at it's core, a remarkably simple, straight-forward sport and adding rules like this fails to follow what I percieve to be the spirit of what we actually do.

Jon

I find it very funny that they base their Trials on that 3 Ring Circus AKA World Trials, it's nowt to do with what we do on a Sunday.

Oh it's not then? Although the current NATC rules do seem to follow the WTC rules, the same debate over stop and hop and no stop seems a debacle in the UK?

WTF do you do on Sunday?

I suppose none are leinient on no stop! Total Hogwash!

Perhaps there is a marketing opportunity here to for once sell something nobody really needs to the US instead of them stuffing us??

How about an L shaped piece of flat steel that can be strapped to the boot so you cant "rotate" ? Could have 6" spikes extended from the bottom so you cant slide your foot for a skiddy dab too. This could then be modified into an "evo" version with a hinge and a protractor so that the observer can see and log down the amount of rotation. You could have variable degrees of rotation for different classes? Even wire it to a potentiometer so it could illuminate different coloured lights on the riders helmet or even play the stars and stripes if the "approved" angle of rotation was exceeded.

The possabilities are endless :thumbup:

Thank Christ we get too many US lame brain ideas imported over here. I blame Timothy Leary.

You guys are reading it wrong. Pivot=1 or Dab=1 it is not cumulative.

I am old enough to remember when the US was the first to adopt the "2" and there was resistance from the UK. Years later they joined US.

I have many trials mates in the UK, but I've also been in this long enough to see Lame Brains on both sides of the pond.

Edited by the observer

You guys are reading it wrong. Pivot=1 or Dab=1 it is not cumulative.

I am old enough to remember when the US was the first to adopt the "2" and there was resistance from the UK. Years later they joined US.

I have many trials mates in the UK, but I've also been in this long enough to see Lame Brains on both sides of the pond.

As previously said in another post you cant have a pivot without a dab in the first place so if as you say it is not cumlative the idea of 1 for a pivot must be irelevant as you have already scored 1 with the dab.

It's the first time that i have heard of the US leading the world of trials with the "2" rule. Never knew the US was that influential in Trials. From what i read on here there are probably more people riding week in week out in just one ACU center mever mind those at AMCA events than ride in the whole US. Add in that Europe, it's an island off your east coast btw, is the home of trials and trials bikes so i obviously wrongly assumed that the FIA would be responsible.

As for lame brain ideas if it hadnt have been for your last export we wouldnt be in such a financial crisis, forcast to be as bad as the 20's, over here. 120% mortguage no problem. Sub prime ooh yes please.

Just seems you guys over there seem to love over complicating everything at every opportunity. Recent postsabout free trials, gate trials whatever. Trials is a simple sport been so for years why fiddle around with it??? This rotation idea is plain dumb. You'll be having your trials decided by lawyers next.

Edited by Old trials fanatic

Pivot=1 or Dab=1 it is not cumulative.

My point exactly. A dab/pivot counts as one point.

I've been watching some classic C.H. Wood Trials films from the 50's from my collection

and I would imagine that the "pivot" would not have been imagined to be a valid technique,

they were just trying to make it through the surprizingly difficult, for the type of bikes,

sections of the era.

Jon

Not sure who writes all this. I would never suppose to expect them to just say what it means.

If a dab with rotation is just a dab, just say it! Put in an explanation example or something if it is that vague.

I guess I could just staple the page to my hat, and hand out two points to everyone that wiggled the toes! Makes taking points a lot earier that way!