British Champs round 1

steviec

I noticed jack shipyard did not appear on the results. Anyone know why not? Did he ride?

Shipyard lol, Jack Sheppard also didn't ride either. Did anyone see the observer on section 4? Seemed like he really enjoyed shouting at the minders in expert A & b classes all the time, But noticed he kept his trap shut when Jack lee & John Lampkin were about lol, What a complete idiot.

• Dislike 3

Shipyard lol, Jack Sheppard also didn't ride either. Did anyone see the observer on section 4? Seemed like he really enjoyed shouting at the minders in expert A & b classes all the time, But noticed he kept his trap shut when Jack lee & John Lampkin were about lol, What a complete idiot.

Whats the rule on minders?

There you go, somebody giving up free time on a sunday, putting in an effort , were you observing you complete f******t idiot.

• Like 5
  • Dislike 2

There you go, somebody giving up free time on a sunday, putting in an effort , were you observing you complete f******t idiot.

I fully understand & appreciate that, But you always get the one who thinks he has more right than anyone else in the trial, I was stood at section 4 for quite a long time, & Noticed a few of the Expert a & b riders were having a lot of problems with the oberver, Especially a local lad to me, For something the observer didn't even get right. Were you actually there? If not I suggest your the one that should keep you're trap shut.

I think it says something when he is having a go at some of the minders in Exp A & B classes for accidently standing in sections But when Minders like e.g Jack Lee & Shaun Galway come a long & they sometimes do the same thing, He never said anything to them? I Can't see how it's fair that Some minders get treated a lot worse than others? Just because they are minders in a different class doesn't mean they should get treated any worse.

Well done to Dibs though, He rode really well all day, & a big well done to John Lampkin as well, He did a fantastic job all day of minding for James.

Browny had an awesome ride as well, Seems like he's getting on really well with the new bike & the team, His big jump of that log was insane (the section where you had to ride under the big logs near to the end of it)

Edited by BenBeta23
  • Dislike 5

I was an assistant on Sunday for a rider in the expert B category. Excellent trial on the tough side but really well laid out by Graham Jarvis. Well done Graham. Our experience with the observers on section four was extremely positive and we shared good humour throughout the day. There were two positions at the top of steep climbs where an assistant could offer support to their rider. I had no problem standing at either of these points ready to catch my riders bike if necessary. The observer with the punch card was particularly personable and we shared several jokes throughout the day. Big thanks to all the observers without who there would be no trials to ride

Regards

John H

• Like 4

Bit out of Order Beta Ben. If you have such an issue with the minder of section 4 why did you not A - Take it up with the minder himself on the day like an adult, or B - discuss this with the Clerk of the course.

You could also argue that the observers at the top of section 4, were marking riders for toeing off the sump, even though Feet were still on the pegs!!!! Pune got 3 on the first lap for this.

Either way i'm not saying the observers were right, but go through the right channels fella, don't hide behind a computer and name call.

End of the day these guys have given up there time to observe our sport.

So come on guys like all kiss and make up, Sunday was a superb day, and i hope it returns there next year. :thumbup:

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

Bit out of Order Beta Ben. If you have such an issue with the minder of section 4 why did you not A - Take it up with the minder himself on the day like an adult, or B - discuss this with the Clerk of the course.

You could also argue that the observers at the top of section 4, were marking riders for toeing off the sump, even though Feet were still on the pegs!!!! Pune got 3 on the first lap for this.

Either way i'm not saying the observers were right, but go through the right channels fella, don't hide behind a computer and name call.

End of the day these guys have given up there time to observe our sport.

So come on guys like all kiss and make up, Sunday was a superb day, and i hope it returns there next year. :thumbup:

You're 100% right, How many observers was there on section 4? I was only talking about the one stood at the end of the section next to the big logs, The fact that the mistake he made with the local lad to me, Really annoyed me as it nearly cost him a place, & I really didn't care for his attitude to some of the minders in Expert A & B classes, But that's my opinion. Some will agree & some will disagree. Let's leave it at that.

Will give a massive credit to the two observers on section 11 (I think) who spent all day running from one end of the section to the other, Must have lost a stone by the end of the day!

Edited by BenBeta23
  • Dislike 4

Pictures of the trial anywhere?

Hi Jordi see my thread. I've posted a few Names that have Photos and some Video on Facebook. Hopefully they won't mind.

As for consistency in observing and minder positioning I have seen it all and unfortunately it does happen that some Observers will be "by the book" one minute and suddenly for certain riders give a lot more leeway. It's especially galling when two riders ride though a section and one gets a clean or three and the other a five.

As an observer myself, (And at British National Level), I do get annoyed when I spot it and the Observer decides to "dig in". I do myself make mistakes but I WILL take any objection seriously and review my decision. If I feel the challenge is correct I will change the mark as I did do at Spen's Trial this weekend when I incorrectly five'd a rider in the mistaken belief that he had run around a Flag. On checking the flag I thought was there it was actually further back. My mistake, I apologised and the trial continued.

Generally treat the riders right and you don't get abuse and I expect the same courtesy back.

Hi Jordi see my thread. I've posted a few Names that have Photos and some Video on Facebook. Hopefully they won't mind.

As for consistency in observing and minder positioning I have seen it all and unfortunately it does happen that some Observers will be "by the book" one minute and suddenly for certain riders give a lot more leeway. It's especially galling when two riders ride though a section and one gets a clean or three and the other a five.

As an observer myself, (And at British National Level), I do get annoyed when I spot it and the Observer decides to "dig in". I do myself make mistakes but I WILL take any objection seriously and review my decision. If I feel the challenge is correct I will change the mark as I did do at Spen's Trial this weekend when I incorrectly five'd a rider in the mistaken belief that he had run around a Flag. On checking the flag I thought was there it was actually further back. My mistake, I apologised and the trial continued.

Generally treat the riders right and you don't get abuse and I expect the same courtesy back.

which section was you on?

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1