'04 315r Manuals

pokenh00d

Sorry if it has been asked before, but does anyone have the owners manual for an 04 (r4) Mont Cota 315r that I can download, or a link?

If not I would like to change plug and oil before manual arrives from wherever dealer is getting it from. Though he is not a Montesa dealer and doesn't know specifics about the bike.

So ............. plug gap???? and oil capacity/brand/quality?

Hope you guys can help.

Ged

Specified spark plug: NGK BR6ES standard gap 0.7-0.8 mm (0.027-0.031 in)

I'm using a NGK BRP6ES...not sure what the difference is.

Specified transmission oil: ELF HTX740

Capacity: 0.52 liter (0.55 US qt) at draining

I was told to use Silkolene or Maxima 75wt extra light gear oil.

I have a BPR6EIX to try

That's the best plug you could use. The Mont needs the BPR (P = Protruding Electrode) (R= Resistor).

The EIX gives the best spark in low rev (i.e low voltage) conditions. Had the same ONE in my Monts for 2 years !

Are you seriously selling a spark plug on e-bay?????

Yeah, Why not it was a 5p listing day

I would have given most of the stuff away if I knew anyone local who wanted it.

Someone somewhere will want it I hope, it could work out quite cheap if they buy it with something else.

Plus i looked at your chain tensioner because mine broke, it won't fit a beta will it because the chain is on the correct side.

Yeah sorry about that, I put a list of all trials bikes on the title so people would see my stuff when searching.

I'll have to try and get ebay to set up a dedicated trials category

Back to the spark plug topic

I find it hard to believe there is any noticeable difference when using expensive plugs

You be better in my opinion using the correct plug and changing it a bit more often

Chris

Back to the spark plug topic

I find it hard to believe there is any noticeable difference when using expensive plugs

You be better in my opinion using the correct plug and changing it a bit more often

On my Husaberg SuperMoto I used Brisk plugs.

I dynoed it back to back with new NGK and new Brisk and the brisk gave me +2rwhp and a better curve, also the power didn't drop as early.

A mate of mine has a race team and I gave some to him and they were well impressed with the performance increase.

So plugs can make a big difference, whether we can utilise that extra bit is another thing ;)

Edited by PokenH00D

Well ended up changing the plug, not for any other reason bar the fact that the bike just stopped running.

I took the BPR6ES out and it was severly sooty (which may account for the odd running all day) I replaced it with the BPR6EIX and what a difference. It would tick over at about 5 rpm :o and even sounded better while running. It was probably because it was a new plug and would have been the same with a direct replacement, but there was a definite improvement :D

Next up was clutch drag ;) so bad I had to scoot the bike like a kids scooter to stopo it stalling when putting it in gear. I have ordered a set of Haven plates, but am confused as to which gear oil to use.

So far I have been recommended the following

1. PJ1 clutch saver

2. Elf HTX740

3. Silkolene Pro SRG 75

4. Putoline Mineral oil (which seems to be their Dexron IID ATF fluid)

Question. Which one??

2 guys at the same shop (Haven) recommend 2 different oils.

Now I want to get this right first time as I can see it being easy to muller the plates with the wrong oil and I prefer not to do that.

I need a clutch with minimal/no drag and a smooth (not grabby) engagement.

If anyone has tried and tested these plates with an oil that would give me the results I am looking for I would appreciate a heads up.

Thanks in advance.

Ged

Edited by PokenH00D

Well, I ended up putting in the Haven clutch plates tonight and using the Putoline light gear oil at the top of this page

What a difference. I was able to stand next to the bike and slot it in gear and it went nowhere and getting it back into neutral was a doddle too. It rattled a bit in neutral on the clutch side, but after re-checking everything I put it down the fact that the plates hadn't been disengaging before ;)

It should quieten up after a good warm through.

Manual wise, I called Sandifords and they are sending one out for

I have a BPR6EIX to try

That's the best plug you could use. The Mont needs the BPR (P = Protruding Electrode) (R= Resistor).

The EIX gives the best spark in low rev (i.e low voltage) conditions. Had the same ONE in my Monts for 2 years !

Subira, is that type of plug available in a gas gas pro fitment , if so where from ? ;)