Mondays Route

doogle

Up in Scotland for a couple of days but only going to be able to take in one day of the trial. Monday. Want to cram in as much as possible on that day plan is to start at Leanachan also do Lagnaha and Town Hall Brae can anyone recommend a group inbetween that I stand a chance of getting parked at? Was thinking Blackwater or Coire Mhorair, are these groups ok for spectators?

Cheers

Dave

Up in Scotland for a couple of days but only going to be able to take in one day of the trial. Monday. Want to cram in as much as possible on that day plan is to start at Leanachan also do Lagnaha and Town Hall Brae can anyone recommend a group inbetween that I stand a chance of getting parked at? Was thinking Blackwater or Coire Mhorair, are these groups ok for spectators?

Cheers

Dave

Blackwater is a long long walk if you're planning Lagnaha as well. Leanachan, leisurely drive down to Lagnaha, coffee and buns in the community centre (unless fatboy Andy Greig gets there first) then two groups of brilliant sections at Lagnaha

Right up early and go and watch the first rider away at 0730hrs, then as you say along to Leanachan for a couple of hours.

Both Blackwater and Coire Mhorair are a bit of a walk and most people would do these and stay there best part of the day? You won't do these plus the rest!

So if you want a group to go to before Lagnaha then you could try Garbh Bheinn, not easy to park, but the section is right by the side of the road?

So onto Lagnaha 7 sections split into 2 groups both worth a look and a short walk between both groups.

If your going home Monday night then I would leave out Town Hall Brae, it would take you a good 3/4 hour to get back to the Fort the time spent there plus the 3/4 hour back by which time you could be at Glasgow and hitting the motorway South

Hope this helps

3/4 hours to get back to Fort Bill ?? Walking ??

Fort Bill is 12 mile from Ballawhatit'sname bridge, Kentallan can only be a few more miles down the road off the top of my head, there again, I'm talking about doing so on a road bike, but surely still not 45 minutes ??

3/4 hours to get back to Fort Bill ?? Walking ??

Fort Bill is 12 mile from Ballawhatit'sname bridge, Kentallan can only be a few more miles down the road

Roughly 17 miles back to the Fort yes it can be done quicker, but you get stuck behind a bit of traffic and then 3/4 hour might be quick?

Its not exactly a good overtaking road, unless you have a death wish?

Thanks for the replies. What about if I was going to give Leanachan a miss as I have been there quite a few times is there any others that are worth a look before Lagnaha? Not heading back until Tuesday morning so should be fine for town hall brae.

This is what I did last year. Leanachan until about 10ish, drive down to Aluminium works at Kinlochleven, then walked up to Coire Mhorair and stayed for about 90 minutes (by the way the walk is not much more than 25 minutes and it's a darn sight easier walking up the LEFT hand side of the pipes rather that the stoney track), then took a quick look at Garbh Bheinn which is literally at the side of the road, 10 minutes was long enough as it was dead easy, then spent the rest of the day at Lagnaha.

Walking out to Blackwater is a good 55 minutes each way and as I was there four weeks ago for the Ian Pollock, I've already seen it this year, and it looked to be much easier than it has been in the past (even though I fived it twice!!)

if you want to do something different and have the whole section to yourself sacrifice evrything else and head out on the loch eilde track go to the cottage first and walk back with the riders is a long ( LONG LONG) walk but its a decent track and a great way to spend the day did a couple of years ago and it was well worth it not another spectator in 7 sections...

This is what I did last year. Leanachan until about 10ish, drive down to Aluminium works at Kinlochleven, then walked up to Coire Mhorair and stayed for about 90 minutes (by the way the walk is not much more than 25 minutes and it's a darn sight easier walking up the LEFT hand side of the pipes rather that the stoney track), then took a quick look at Garbh Bheinn which is literally at the side of the road, 10 minutes was long enough as it was dead easy, then spent the rest of the day at Lagnaha.

Thanks for all the info, this plan is looking favourate at the moment. If you park at the alluminium works is it obvious the way to the sections? Do you just head up as if you are going towards Pipeline?

Thanks

Dave