Team Greeves

trialsrfun

They could do with selling a few 2 strokers first, and maybe updating there website :thumbup:

Yes,its worrying that his mind is wandering to such things at this stage. My priority would be establishing some sort of dealer network first,although i've yet to hear of a single person who has bought,or even ordered one,despite them apparently building them to fulfill orders since the launch in Sammys' car park last year.

I'd be interested to know what the spares situation is, i assume its a case of back to Greeves and pay what he chooses to charge you, if you break a mudguard,for instance.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes,its worrying that his mind is wandering to such things at this stage. My priority would be establishing some sort of dealer network first,although i've yet to hear of a single person who has bought,or even ordered one,despite them apparently building them to fulfill orders since the launch in Sammys' car park last year.

I'd be interested to know what the spares situation is, i assume its a case of back to Greeves and pay what he chooses to charge you, if you break a mudguard,for instance.

Good point, what about if the company fails what about spares then!

Hi Guy's

I think the main problem is with the owner of the company.

The man just does, not seem to get on with anyone, and will not ask for help. Am I totaly wrong???

Regards Charlie.

Charlie, funny you should say this, I thought the same after speaking to him. A couple of years ago I called him just out of excitement and support for a new British bike, he kind of gave me an earful about people wanting it to fail and spoke to me as if I did. I have a design company and offered to update his site for free just to help him, but nothing.

I did hear quite allot of negativity about the bike in the Scottish, it's not a very good bike, which is a shame.

Just a quick tuppenceworth. I was quite keen to see them in the Fort and cosmetically, I wasn't hugely impressed, the girder frame does not work when you look at the cleaner lines of all the competition, putting the Greeves next to the Ossa is like looking at the latest Zonda R beside a model T.I wanted to be impressed and wanted to find something to like but I was stumped.

Later in the week I saw one in pieces on a stand in parc ferme and it looked like a bodge job, there really was nothing there that I could say looked right.

I hate to put a downer on the team that's building them but to put something that doesn't look right and doesn't work right into a hugely competitive and small market where reliability sells borders on commercial suicide to me.

I hope things turn round for them but I don't see how.

Well I haven't ridden the bike personally, but I would like to, so I certainly can't comment on the performance of the Greeves Ti280.

It's nice to see so many comments on here by a vast array of ex-factory development riders and qualified engineers - NOT!

It is very easy to mark down a machine purely on its looks. It would be interesting to feel how it handles, so again no comment from me.

The bike that managed through the SSDT sounded crisp and was getting up sections as ably as any other machine at the event. OK, they failed to get all of their machines to the finish, but remember the SSDT is a fantastic proving ground for a new machine, it will either come out with plaudits or blow its' brains out trying!

Also, I remember some years ago a certain Jordi Tarres riding the very same event with a water cooled Beta, it blew its' brains out ceremoniously early on in the week in full view of a a critical public and everyone said it would never catch on, hmmm... how wrong could they be?

Overall, Richard Deal is trying very hard, but he is up against very formidable competition and to develop a trials machine is a daunting task at the best of times, which absorbs huge amounts of working capital.

Big John

Well I haven't ridden the bike personally, but I would like to, so I certainly can't comment on the performance of the Greeves Ti280.

It's nice to see so many comments on here by a vast array of ex-factory development riders and qualified engineers - NOT!

It is very easy to mark down a machine purely on its looks. It would be interesting to feel how it handles, so again no comment from me.

The bike that managed through the SSDT sounded crisp and was getting up sections as ably as any other machine at the event. OK, they failed to get all of their machines to the finish, but remember the SSDT is a fantastic proving ground for a new machine, it will either come out with plaudits or blow its' brains out trying!

Also, I remember some years ago a certain Jordi Tarres riding the very same event with a water cooled Beta, it blew its' brains out ceremoniously early on in the week in full view of a a critical public and everyone said it would never catch on, hmmm... how wrong could they be?

Overall, Richard Deal is trying very hard, but he is up against very formidable competition and to develop a trials machine is a daunting task at the best of times, which absorbs huge amounts of working capital.

Big John

I’m more than qualified as an engineer, and spent a few years as prototype engineer for a very large automotive company

Plus you don’t need to be an engineer to work out the website is years out of date!

(They have entered the SSDT and can’t be bothered updating the website diary) :wacko:

Also the people who leave comments on here are the buying public, might be worth them taking notes?

Edited by Monty_Jon

Im more than qualified as an engineer, and spent a few years as prototype engineer for a very large automotive company

Plus you dont need to be an engineer to work out the website is years out of date!

(They have entered the SSDT and cant be bothered updating the website diary) :wacko:

Also the people who leave comments on here are the buying public, might be worth them taking notes?

Have you have ridden the bike then? If your name was Mick Andrews, Nigel Birkett or Amos Bilbao and you have ridden the machine in question then I might sit up and take note!

I haven't ridden the bike, so I reserve judgement on the project!

Big John

Edited to add: Should have mentioned, none of the above development riders read TC nor do they post on it.

Edited by Big John

Have you have ridden the bike then? If your name was Mick Andrews, Nigel Birkett or Amos Bilbao and you have ridden the machine in question then I might sit up and take note!

I haven't ridden the bike, so I reserve judgement on the project!

Big John

Edited to add: Should have mentioned, none of the above development riders read TC nor do they post on it.

I never said anything about the bike, just the fact they have done nothing to promote it (read my above posts)

Don

How did the Greeves entries fare in the SSDT

I really hope that the new Greeves makes it into production and has some success. Beta aside every other trials bike seems to be made in Spain so a bit of variety would be good for our sport.

Being unable to make it to this years SSDT (I really missed the trip) I was curious as to how they performed over six days. Maybe the experience gained in Scotland will enable Richard Deal to iron out the overheating problem and lead to a production run.

I wish waht works on a desingners/engineers piece of paper worked in practice.

Someone in ford came up with a bright idea of putting a Dual Mass Flywheel on there diesels,it's not a full proof piece of engineering and on another downside it cost the owner

We caught up with the two greeves just before the off road section to kingairloch on Friday. Both the bikes were spewing out coolant and eventually the one that was riding on a no award basis packed up. As far as i could tell both bikes had problems with the cylinder head gaskets but whether this was caused by a manufacturing problem or the riders being too hard on them on the road only greeves will know ( imho they weren't exactly hanging about on the road and we didnt have that many flags to pick up but they were starting to get away from us which can't have helped them). How the other one finished is beyond me cause he kept having to stop to top up the water and it sounded anything but crisp. Bit of a shame for the young lad who packed up as he put in some decent rides.