Mitchell trial

paulmc

It was discussed HERE about the WTC which led on to the BTC!

Maybe as the great trials Nation that we used to be we should take the lead that others might follow.........as to what the solution is is open for debate and has been discussed to DEATH!

But when it gets down to 4 or 5 riders they might wonder if there is a problem, they obviously don't when there is 6 or 7 riders?

Edited by GIZZA5

I think its best for everyone to keep the elite 10 or so seperate.

If you include Morton, Wigg, Challoner and Lampkin you have 10 competing in the best of the best class.

Theres no point more entering the championship class as they'd be so far off the pace its not even worth considering.

Where they (ACU and organising clubs) should be focussing is on the Expert A and Expert B classes.

I would say that ideally you would want 20-25 in each class, thus giving you 50-60 riders per event + youths.

While I think money and associated costs will be a conntributing factor I would expect that a lot of it is due to the severity of the Expert A and Expert B classes at these events.

If you look at yesterdays results the Expert A winning score was 52 with 2nd place dropping 50% more marks again on 76..... And James Fry is no average rider in my mind.

To my mind the organising club should look to get the winner dropping 20-25 marks, this would encourage (hopefully) a lot more Expert B riders to have a go in the Expert A class, thus enabling the organisers to ease the Expert B route to a level where they would encourage decent club riders to have a crack.

I think I for one would possibly look at doing some Expert B events knowing I'd maybe drop 70-90 marks, but looking at yesterdays results I'd be nearer 170-190 marks.

The Elite need to be pushed, or they simply wont ride BTC events, but as a result this locks of 90% of the other riders.

Is there a reason or ruling saying that they need to be laid out ultra hard??

we need an emoticon which shows somebody yawning then every time there is a BTC round and the day after somebody starts this debate again I can use it in my reply.

6 riders isnt a lot

But if the importers support the riders who compete and the organisers are happy to set a course for six riders then let them all get on with it. I cant see that it affects most of us in the slightest.