Wheres The Sherco 4t?

james111089

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last that I heard was that they had imported two at the end of Feb, but that may have been inaccurate, If they had sold any then there would have definately been someone bragging about owning one on here. I hope it is soon though, I can't wait to see them!

This was on Ryan Young, the US importer's, web site today:

Ok, Here is the latest. They are in production. They will only make 500 units this year. They have many orders to fill and will ration them out as they are built. We have one being flown in next week, hopefully we will have it at TX or TN nationals for test rides. They do have a oil filter to answer the question above. We should have half of our orders for teh 3.2 filled with the first container due to arrive at the end of May. The remaing should be taken care of end of June. End of July will be the last remaing 3.2s for 05.

From the pictures of the Caldes factory assembly line my bet is that Rathmells will have them this week, will let you know when the local dealer has one.

As to why it has taken this long is a pure mystery and even more so when the bike has been available for production for months and months. The one that is being made is identical to the one we saw in the unofficial video clip last year, at least from the outside.

My guess is that they wanted to try the montesa first and make sure the engine performance was at least as good if not better, and 500 units worldwide is saleable and again guessing this is the minimum number that can be made ecomonically.

Again for whatever reason the delay has given the factory an extra production run at a time when they are looking towards next year so that may be a way of getting a busy time when normally not so.

I do know that it will be a decent effort and good luck to them, but if all the fourstroke fans have bought 4rt's where is the long term market?

Jarvis on one to win SSDT? :ph34r:

I am really looking forward to trying the Sherco, I went on the Montesa and for a 15 year old on the small side it felt too bulky...But the Sherco looks as if it may suit me better, it has a slimmer tank and generally looks very compact. I thought compact wasn't so good because of maintenance on the engine etc, but then I realised it has the special electrics and I know if I ever invested that type of money I wouldn't be touching anything that I didn't understand.....

Lloyd

Spoke to Malcolm Rathmell today and he'd been out running the first bike in. Another 8 are due next Monday (11th).

First impressions were good but stated that it needed a lot of running in, (factory quoting 5 hours), after this it feels like a different bike.

It's being photogrphed tomorrow, tuesday, for TMX

If you want to see Sherco UK news on Trials Central then email them and tell them to cough up towards the running costs of the site like Sandiford Montesa and Gas Gas UK do! We support those who support us! Ryan Young (Sherco) in the USA did...