How Long 2T

neo

Thanks Ormplus.

I thing that the Evo is a beautiful bike but I've so my comments about the kick-start on the "wrong side" and I for one would not buy a Beta 2T because of that. So in 15 years why haven't Beta changed that? :madnoel:

It's just another long term show stopper ... like the Mikuni Carb's and the Stators.

Best of balance.

Neo

People are funny. Why would it ever matter what side the kickstart is on? (unless you had a bad leg) I've had a number of Beta's and Sherco's, makes no diffrance how you start it.

In the seventies I had a Bultaco Pursang with a left hand kickstart. I hated it with a passion and swore I would never have anything with a left hand kickstart again !!

When I got back into trials , about 6 or 7 years ago, I opted for a sherco with the same opinions about the kickstart.

When I upgraded recently, I looked at the Beta and was scared about the kickstart but bit the bullet and got a 2010 Beta Evo 250.

This bike has got to be the easiest thing to start that I have EVER had. From stone cold, full choke , a bit of a fairy kick to 'prime' and then a full kick and it always starts !!

I would recommend to anyone , don't be scared and I would always have another.

Phil

I had a friend of mine keep his Rev3 round my place for a year or so. It ws a PIG! to start but do remember thinking that the way Beta had geared up the staring mechanism was very good and kinda special too. I know you guys are happy (and you have a right to be so) but my point is that in all that time Beta could have made 98% of their potential buyer happier (and made some extra money in the process) putting that KS leaver on the right.

I mean why struggle up hill (so to speak) when you can go with the flow :marky: ... It's like they just don't listen to their own market.

Best of balance.

Neo

Interesting point, and I can see how it might put people off, but I think the majority of people shouldn't have a problem starting a 2t with their left leg once they hav tried it. Just down to peoples misconception. My left leg is completely knackered (lots of plates pins and screws) but i have had 3 Betas and never struggled to start them. If a Beta or any bike is a pig to start I think it would be the same way regardless of what side the kickstart is on.

Edited by Doogle

Hello all. Just a remark on left hand start compared to right hand start. I own a Bultaco so to me left side kick is normal but if you think back to the seventies and eighties and even before a lot of the European bikes started on the left. Maico, Ossa and many Italian bikes all started on the left. It became normal to have right side kick after the Japanese got a lot bigger. The same as left side shift versus right side shift. Each side has its pros and cons. Bully Lover.

Yes I know the Italians and French have done some "weird and wonderful" things like this in the past. My first Trials bike was a Fantic Section. RH but forward (instead of backward) kicking... I must admit I quite liked it at the time.

I understand that Beta riders (here) don't mind the LH Kickstart but it is something I've often heard "RH Kickstarter" riders say they don't like many times. My guess is that most Beta riders wouldn't really mind if Beta changed it to the RH either? ... I didn't hear anyone complaining about the RH Kickstart on the 4T when it came out. :rolleyes:

Best of balance.

Neo

i'm on my first beta after never having a LH kick. it makes absolutely no difference to me... I can't imagine someone choosing to 'not' buy a bike just because of that.

Well I guess this is one of the reasons you are happy to ride Beta's :D

An opinion poll would be interesting ...

Best of balance.

Neo

I had a friend of mine keep his Rev3 round my place for a year or so. It ws a PIG! to start but do remember thinking that the way Beta had geared up the staring mechanism was very good and kinda special too. I know you guys are happy (and you have a right to be so) but my point is that in all that time Beta could have made 98% of their potential buyer happier (and made some extra money in the process) putting that KS leaver on the right.

I mean why struggle up hill (so to speak) when you can go with the flow :marky: ... It's like they just don't listen to their own market.

Best of balance.

Neo

It's thanks to whiners like you that we all have to shift on the wrong side now :P .