Is the electric trials bike here?

charliechitlins

I'm loving it as a concept. Most people (outside our community) hate off raod sport because of the noise so at least that problem is helped. Motorsport has a massive environmental impact so it's good to try and alleviate that as it would be greener. I think it looks a bit cheap to be honest though but it may be a prototype. I wonder how it would cope on a dirty welsh trial in december ?

I think it looks cool and delivers the goods, it may have a short battery life @ this time but how long before this kind of bike is running in the scot or the only bike that the local council will let run... hats off to the French thay are ont sat on there a*** ???

Personally I'd like to see a design use the full potential of Electric motors. For example would a Hub motor be better than one in the conventional position allowing for bigger batteries. Could the Batteries be in the frame? COuld we have a more skeletal fram design really taking the weight and weight distribution to new levels?? Yes they could be the future but I'd like to see more radical thoughts on them. Perhaps that's where British Designers should be looking??

I like that! No doubt will have cost MEGA BUCKS but it's gotta be the future me thinks! :thumbup:

I wouldn't bet on it...electric motors are relatively inexpensive, plentiful and easy to adapt to various applications. A motorcycle company would probably not have to develop a proprietary engine...or batteries for that matter.

Maybe the money is in a conversion kit.

Buy a trials bike with a clapped out engine and convert to electric....

I wouldn't bet on it...electric motors are relatively inexpensive, plentiful and easy to adapt to various applications. A motorcycle company would probably not have to develop a proprietary engine...or batteries for that matter.

Maybe the money is in a conversion kit.

Buy a trials bike with a clapped out engine and convert to electric....

And test it under 2009 SSDT conditions.....:)

Jon