Eco tranny trouble

toothandnail

At a trial today , my buddies 2010 or 11 eco280's tranny made some BAD crunching noises and would lockup or jump out of gear.

going to tear it down(depending on warranty). Is there some common troubles? I've not seen any other tranny problems in our small group of riders,but have limited exposure (6 bikes, 2000-his as the newest)

At a trial today , my buddies 2010 or 11 eco280's tranny made some BAD crunching noises and would lockup or jump out of gear.

going to tear it down(depending on warranty). Is there some common troubles? I've not seen any other tranny problems in our small group of riders,but have limited exposure (6 bikes, 2000-his as the newest)

check warrenty or call backs first ,its a good chance its a problem with clutch or dual mass (pathetic modern flywheel some idiot has invented ) if it needs replacing find out if there is a conversion to change to old type flywheel with matching clutch

check warrenty or call backs first ,its a good chance its a problem with clutch or dual mass (pathetic modern flywheel some idiot has invented ) if it needs replacing find out if there is a conversion to change to old type flywheel with matching clutch

Dual Mass on a bike????

sounds more like the shift shaft had one of the rollers come apart. Which would require the engine to be split. Also check the top hat. (the piece with the spring on the end of the shifter.)Which is located behind the clutch. You might try a search in the forum as this is a common problem.

Was the shifter hit or struck by a rock? Usually some kind of blow to the bike happens first.

I was wrong on the year it's an 09

No hard hit's/crashes yesterday, but one several weeks ago ,but I think it was on the right side.

There is definatly something loose in side , I don't think it's clutch related , as it seems to work OK ,we didn't run it but 30-60 seconds after it happened , just enough to get an idea wheather to continue or , tow it back , it got towed.

I was wrong on the year it's an 09

No hard hit's/crashes yesterday, but one several weeks ago ,but I think it was on the right side.

There is definatly something loose in side , I don't think it's clutch related , as it seems to work OK ,we didn't run it but 30-60 seconds after it happened , just enough to get an idea wheather to continue or , tow it back , it got towed.

Check under the clutch sidecase first and carefully inspect all the gizmos (several things, like the centering spring and idler gear, might be the cause), it may give you an idea of what the possibilities are. If nothing found there, judging by your description of the symptoms, you'll probably want to split the cases.

Jon

Check under the clutch sidecase first and carefully inspect all the gizmos (several things, like the centering spring and idler gear, might be the cause), it may give you an idea of what the possibilities are. If nothing found there, judging by your description of the symptoms, you'll probably want to split the cases.

Jon

Thanks , I figure it'll be in the shop soon , actually my son will probably be doing the work , he's head wencher , I update when we know more