magneto casing

mur

Yes and no, depending on who you speak to.

I use good quality sanitary silicon to seal the primary chain case on a B40, and have done for years.

Only use a very small bead, whatever size you just thought of was to much !

My 0,02 penny worth opinion:

The magneto/rotor case side includes the secundary front sprocket and clutch engagement.

For cleaning after som muddy session you might clean up the engine components mentioned

above there too, it is IMHO easier to use a thicker self made gasket that you can use

serveral times as "playing" around with sticky sealing compount stuff.

(Gasket sheets are not expensive)

I use the gasket several times and had no issue so long, if you need a template for

a print out for a recut, (pdf) -> PM

Hello all. On a Sherpa T I have found that if you use a gasket on either the ignition or the primary cases and you hit a rock or log it will split the gasket. I learned this the hard way many years ago. So now I only use Silastic (Silicon). Now if you hit something it tends to just move without breaking the seal. Bully Lover.

Hello all. On a Sherpa T I have found that if you use a gasket on either the ignition or the primary cases and you hit a rock or log it will split the gasket. I learned this the hard way many years ago. So now I only use Silastic (Silicon). Now if you hit something it tends to just move without breaking the seal. Bully Lover.

:thumbup: well thanks guys going with the silicone the now ,but have ordered a gasket to hold in reserve, will suck it and see as they say ,cant see us out much till next year anyway thanks again and merry Christmas