Golden Year

drake

Well my mates are all buying new bikes at the moment and even though I can't afford to change up or particularily want to. I still find myself checking out newer bikes. Have an 203 290 at the moment. So was just wondering is there a golden year for Shercos, where they got the bike spot on. Please be aware i'm talking used here, 2010 would be the newest.

interesting topic...

why is 2008/9 considered to be better than 2010-11. surely each year manufactures improve on the year before?

unless its a complete re design of bike, but surely the testing is done to ensure its an improvement.

i imagine if a new engine is fitted that has a consistant part faliure across riders bikes say like beta stator issues i keep reading about then that model year would be percieved as naff.. but one would think they sort it for the 2nd year of new model?

Andy

interesting topic...

why is 2008/9 considered to be better than 2010-11. surely each year manufactures improve on the year before?

unless its a complete re design of bike, but surely the testing is done to ensure its an improvement.

i imagine if a new engine is fitted that has a consistant part faliure across riders bikes say like beta stator issues i keep reading about then that model year would be percieved as naff.. but one would think they sort it for the 2nd year of new model?

Andy

I may be wrong but i think the 09 model was the last year of the old design, so was developed to it's maximum potential. I believe the newer bikes have some isues which haven't been ironed out yet, as it' a new design?

Quote (2008/9 better than 2010/1.)

Not a chance would I go back to the older bike.

I have had both the 2011 and 2010 and they are both excellent bikes. Never be influenced by peoples views on forums as some have bad personal views and then tar all with the same brush!!

The 2010 had an issue with a poor weld on the fuel tank. This was sorted under warranty. As far as I am aware there were no other issues in general.

As far as I am aware there were no other issues in general.

There is the still on going issue with bars lock to the frame, the 2010 marked up the frame quite badly, the 2011 had the same issue but all they have done was fit a black guard on the frame, and nothing has changed on the 2012, in fact I just noticed mine today has alread got a mark in the frame due to a poor fitting guard :wall:

There is the still on going issue with bars lock to the frame, the 2010 marked up the frame quite badly, the 2011 had the same issue but all they have done was fit a black guard on the frame, and nothing has changed on the 2012, in fact I just noticed mine today has alread got a mark in the frame due to a poor fitting guard :wall:

Did you fall off again? :rolleyes: