First Time

scotty300

I am considering my first SSDT in 2013 (although more likely to be 2014). Just wondering how 'legal' myself and my bike need to be, I know I'll have to take my bike test however I'm not sure what insurance etc would be required.

Also, how much would I expect the week to cost including entry etc?

I am considering my first SSDT in 2013 (although more likely to be 2014). Just wondering how 'legal' myself and my bike need to be, I know I'll have to take my bike test however I'm not sure what insurance etc would be required.

Best to download a set of regulations from the SSDT website, bike must be legal for the road and rider must have the correct drivers licence for the machine on the public highway.

I think you would have to be fully legal for this.

Insurance, tax, mot, speedometer, horn, 9 x 7 number plate.

i'd visit the trial to get a idea before sending in an entry.. 9x7 plates are the legal sixe but i ve never seen one. as for costs you ll need 8 nights accomadation plus food. plus you have to get to fort william plus entry.. plus consumables.. you ll as a minimum need to allow a couple of hundred for fresh plugs air filters oils tyr etc.. so all in 1200 might do the trick.. thats a expensive holiday of a week..

i'd visit the trial to get a idea before sending in an entry.. 9x7 plates are the legal sixe but i ve never seen one. as for costs you ll need 8 nights accomadation plus food. plus you have to get to fort william plus entry.. plus consumables.. you ll as a minimum need to allow a couple of hundred for fresh plugs air filters oils tyr etc.. so all in 1200 might do the trick.. thats a expensive holiday of a week..

:agreed: As an additional point the last time i worked out what the 2 day Pre 65 cost well that came to

think of the fun and views on your holiday :D come and watch it first :thumbup:

My 17 year old son has an entry at his first attempt! Bike (125cc) is being registered taxed and insured (MSM includes cover during the trial and very reasonable cost). Entry fee (

Andat:

Can you tell me how you old you need to be to ride a full size bike in the SSDT? My son is 15 now, and I want to have another go at the SSDT with him when he is old enough. He rides a 300 Evo and I dont want to subject him to the Scottish on a 125 now.

Steve

Andat:

Can you tell me how you old you need to be to ride a full size bike in the SSDT? My son is 15 now, and I want to have another go at the SSDT with him when he is old enough. He rides a 300 Evo and I dont want to subject him to the Scottish on a 125 now.

Steve

In the UK you can't ride a motorcycle on the road until you are 17. The SSDT has a lot of road work so you must be road leagal. If you haven't passed your riding test then you will be limited to a 125....Pass you test and a 300 should be OK.

If you haven't passed your riding test then you will be limited to a 125....Pass you test and a 300 should be OK.

Unfortunately that isn't the case anymore for those who pass a test in the UK for 17-19 yr olds, they are now restricted to 125's, though I see the chap if from Canada, so maybe best to pass a test over there where I assume the laws are different.