Lochaber British Championship Round

allymo73

just confirmed my bookings for the p65 and ssdt and the weather was described as bright and sunny by both hotels.. 67 is a proper trial .. no more field of 12 with only 1 of them dropping less than 50.. good luck.. and to the observers.. be consistant and take no bull.

Well not much feed back would like to hear from people that were there, both riders and spectators?

I think everyone knows that the terrain in Fort William is ideal for the new No Stop rules, but the initial feed back is that it was an excellent trial and well organised.

Looks like it has brought a few more riders into the top class and the experts was well supported. we need to bridge the gap between the Youth's and the adults and maybe this format is working rather than sending them to a trial where they are out of their depth?

Scores? Dibs cleaned every section and got a 5 in one and came third? It would be interesting to hear what happened was it a 5? Was it the rules? I suppose if he cleaned everything then we would be saying it was a waste of time, but the scores say different, as I said would be interesting to hear?

How No Stop will work further South is down to the Clerk of the Course, maybe after a few more events people will have some better views one thing is for sure the guy that wins the BTC this year is not only going to be a good rider, but his concerntration levels will have to be exceptionally high!!!

• Like 1

Personally I intend to resist the temptation of getting into a stop vs no-stop arguement, I have made my opinions known often enough and been abused in the process (ho yes, it is a sad day indeed when fellow "sportspeople" slag you off, use profain language and cast doubt on one's parentage on open websites!).. I would just like to comment however on the fantastic job Ally Morrice and his very small team did at the weekend. This event wasn't thrown together prior to last Saturday/Sunday, far from it. To get permission from the Nevis Range management and Rio Tinto Alcan is no mean feat, I know this from first hand experience.

It is a fantastic place to stage a trial in this day and age, with a choice of two places to have a cup of coffee and something to eat, toilet facilities and showers for the riders on the day.

No doubt there will be those who will say its too far to travel to, but hey-ho, you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Other than that, I'll keep my observations, opinions and preferences to myself, well I'll reserve them for my SACU internal report on the event.

So whichever your preference, be it Stop or No-Stop, I hope it works!

Big John

Edited by Big John