Termignoni Silencer

shedracer

Anyone running their 4RT, with the new shape Termignoni silencer? If so, what are your impressions and is it worth getting?

I currently have a Mitani Titanium front pipe and while servicing my bike, I got the chance to weight the rear silencer, pretty heavy, at around 1.8 kg. So I'm considering changing it to something else.

I know the Termignonii is very expensive, but I see it can be bought at a discount, so if anybody has it, your impression would be welcome. Also if it's not too inconvenient, could you weight it!

Cheers

Edited by shedracer

the pipe is nice but the 4rt is a big lump and loosing 750gms for £800 IS DAFT ON A 6 YEAR OLD BIKE?

The 4rt is an investment and is worth spending on, as it will last a very long time. Anything that makes the owner enjoy there bike, is a worth while purchase, no matter how much it cost, after all, it's his money he's spending, not yours. I know a few people that spend more than £800 on fags and booze. As they say "what ever makes yer happy".

Let's face it, your average 4rt buyer is probably more than happy to "waste" a bit more cash on there pride and joy, as the cost of the bike was a bit more than a 2 stroke.

I've seen the Termignoni on a 4rt, it's very nice, but I prefer the sound of the mitani silencer, it's just as light and about 60% cheaper and you can polish it ;0).

A friend has just put one on his, looks and sounds lovely but don't know about any other differences it has made. Rode my standard one back to back and couldn't notice anything obvious, but as I said look and sound great.

• 3 weeks later...