What Tires?

philrain

I do agree the X Lite is a better tire, it does seem to me, the Montesa guys are on something special. This is why I asked the question. Is it a proto type or a one off? Or just an X Lite with a Michelin logo painted side wall.

I do agree the X Lite is a better tire, it does seem to me, the Montesa guys are on something special. This is why I asked the question. Is it a proto type or a one off? Or just an X Lite with a Michelin logo painted side wall.

They will be using something special, They will be a one off tyre probably, The Michelin logo's are actually very thin stickers, I have some on my Evo.

From the FIM technical rules:

Only tyres normally available from commercial or retail sources for use on the

public highway are authorised.

49.10.1 They shall appear on the tyre manufacturers range catalogue or tyre

specification lists available to the general public

I can't see how they would be allowed to be "one off" tires.....

From the FIM technical rules:

Only tyres normally available from commercial or retail sources for use on the

public highway are authorised.

49.10.1 They shall appear on the tyre manufacturers range catalogue or tyre

specification lists available to the general public

I can't see how they would be allowed to be "one off" tires.....

They will be without a doubt, I Had a look at Bou's Mont at Penrith & there is no way that is a standard X-Light.

The Tyre is still an X-Light that they use, which appears in the tyre range that the public can buy, But it will be specially made for Montesa, So technically they are not doing anything wrong.

Since giving up his mail order business he now gets involved with archeology and has recently been involved in an ancient burial ground excavation. So whilst not technically correct the comment"spinning in his grave" might lead you to think he had passed away this is definitely not the case.

Joking apart the Fim technical rules are not rigidly enforced, afaik there has never been a suprise weigh in which could be interesting ditto the small tanks on some bikes whichnare not allowed to be refilled and so on.

So whilst the Tyres appear the same I have my doubts