Will I Hate My Life If I Buy An '02 270 Beta?

charlie chitlins

There are plenty of folks around here who don't ride much.

I've got my eye out for an '00-'04 with low use.

That was the case with the 200 Pro I have ('03)...I just consider it a crappy bike and get little joy from owning it.

I've also got my eye on an '03 TXT which, I reckon, is a less picky/fragile and better-sorted machine.

There are plenty of folks around here who don't ride much.

I've got my eye out for an '00-'04 with low use.

That was the case with the 200 Pro I have ('03)...I just consider it a crappy bike and get little joy from owning it.

I've also got my eye on an '03 TXT which, I reckon, is a less picky/fragile and better-sorted machine.

As you already know, the TXT was well refined for the day, yet still a gasser. Can'y you find a good 315 Mont or a Scorpa Yam?

I've got my eyes open.

Trials bikes are so scarce here.

I have my eye on an '03 Montesa, but it's spendy....and I worry about the price of spares.

They obvoiusly bring a premium.

So cool though...it seems like where other bikes have stamped steel, the Mont has cast and machined aluminum.

Very classy...and I love the no-spoke-hole rear wheel.

Can't find a Scorpa.

I may just have to hold out for a Sherco.

Still my favorite.

I've got my eyes open.

Trials bikes are so scarce here.

I have my eye on an '03 Montesa, but it's spendy....and I worry about the price of spares.

They obvoiusly bring a premium.

So cool though...it seems like where other bikes have stamped steel, the Mont has cast and machined aluminum.

Very classy...and I love the no-spoke-hole rear wheel.

Can't find a Scorpa.

I may just have to hold out for a Sherco.

Still my favorite.

If it is a good one, go for it!!!! Sherco is a good bike, but those Monts are not as high strung and seem quite reliable and sturdy so not a lot to buy except what you break!!! Love you long time!

If this Beta has been taken care of and in good shape, it may be a good buy. We still have an 01' Beta that's still going strong, had a few things over time done to it, but overall been a good bike. Not sure what the differences would have been on the 02' but I would have thought it would be a little more reliable.

I have a mate with a seriously tired 1999 GG TXT 270. It rattles, bangs and clangs everywhere but it still gets there. It looks a shed but it's nothing that slowly but surely updating worn components can't fix.

The biggest thing make sure it now recieves the coreect maintenance. If your riding sportsman it will be adequate for years to come.