Brake And Clutch Levers ?

robf

Hi Guys

Although I specifically want some new levers for my 1974 TY250 I thought it made more sense to ask in here as it is a more generic question

What levers would you recommend ?

I currently have some VERY nasty generic ones on the bike and need to change them asap

Also do all the trials levers on the market accept the same size cable barrels ?

Thanks in advance for any help

If you buy Dominos (which I would highly recommend) make sure you get the forged levers with the two piece clamp with the screws underneath (http://www.domino-gr...x?idmaster=2187); you can get cast Domino levers with a one piece clamp which are nowhere near as nice (http://www.domino-group.com/en/catalogue/leverAssemblies_Detail.aspx?idmaster=2189).

Edited by grib

I use Honda motocrosser clutch levers and perches on both sides, there are lots of aftermarket versions that are reasonably priced, the montesa bolted right up, not sure how it is going to work on my Bultaco, I may have to use a different cable, for me the leverage is perfect, the domino levers are to small for my hands and don't have enough leverage

Thanks for all the replies.

Quite a bit of support for the Dominos but leverage is something that I need to consider as the clutch routing on the twinshock TY250 isnt exactly ideal

I am quite tempted by some on John Cane's TY site - I think they are made by Apico ( forged ) and have 3 positions on the lever for the nipple so you can adjust the ratio - has anyone tried these ?

• 2 months later...