Just Bought Italjet Trials Bike

jaylael

This beauty is the latest addition to my bike collection. It's in Colorado so it will be about a month before I get 'hold of it. Looks like the "infidels" have had there way with it. I just feel lucky it hasn't been converted into a chopper yet. I hope to track down original seat, fenders, one side panel and wwhatever else it needs to get back to it's original glorious state. I must be sick. :rolleyes:

post-13-1115987285.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kermit the Frog for works rider !

Really unusual bike, you have a great collection with the Garelli & Hodokas

the last Italjet I saw was for sale a couple of years ago at one of the off-road shows do not know the price though

Let us know how it rides

Good luck

looks like the mk 2 which had more italjet and less bultaco bits, bet the bultaco mudgaurds which are readily available would fit the rear.

Dabster, was there ever a water-cooled italjet? I seem to remember an italjet, which was a bit of a special some 15-20 years having a water-cooled 250 engine. I

Edited by spud

Graham Tales, used to ride the Tyrannosaurus jet, in the early eighties.

Good thing about them, you never had much trouble finding it after walking the sections, even with the large entries back then.

I have a bit of footage of one in the 85 SSDT Jay, I'll bring it to an event next time we are camping.

Jay:

I'm thinking now that all those years of riding rodeo did have some long term affects! I can almost see the attraction to the Garelli, but an Italjet? :rolleyes:

You are one sucker for punishment that's for sure! Might really make you appreciate that Garelli that much more!

Cheers, Steve

Steve: I was riding a 350 Italjet at the nationals in 1984 at Zig Zag when I came across you on the loop with the wind knocked out of you and your old man was standing there saying, "Maybe that'll make you slow down on the loop!", while you were hunched over making horrible gasping noises, remember? I sat there a moment on the Italjet and decided you were gonna' be ok and then rode on. There was a downhill rock slab the one Keith um... the guy who moved to Arizona, had a little brother who was really good at trials,...... Roper! Keith Roper was checking this 20 foot tall near vertical rock slab downhill, (I know you know the one) and I saw Kary Krahel go down that sucker on his '84 Beta TR 32 and when he hit the bottom, his handlebars rotated forward and pulled the throttle on hard and his bike was raging out of control in the gallery of onlookers and pinned a woman against a large tree and just hammered her pelvis with the triple trees on the Beta and it was slamming her against the tree with the forks on the Beta repeatedly until Kary got to the kill button, and it turned out by sheer coincidence that it was his stepmother, Gay Schultz who was getting gored by the Beta! That was somethin'!!!! Freddy Steele of team Fantic said, "She musta" been one tough bird!" Ahhh, I miss the old days sometimes. Cheers man.