Hmmmm

dan williams

I had no problems with the clutch on my 2011. But lots of trouble with the 12 for the first few weeks, till I took a saw blade to it.

How did chopping the frame in half help the clutch action??

Sorry, having a :beer: and feeling :hyper: and in a little while I will probably :chairfall:

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't it about time Beta sorted this out,virtually every other manufacturer uses the same design clutch with no problem.Ive done all the mods on my 2010 290 which has improved it hugely[thanks for your info guys],but still not as good as my 05 yz250 one

• 2 weeks later...

OK the 2013 clutch plates look really good. Adhesive properly applied and the tabs are even if not smooth. I'll polish the tabs but I think that's about all I need to do. As for Axelsuv's Fantic, the 307 that my friend had was what started me on the Beta clutch exploration. The Fantics had the best clutch action I had ever ridden and I was determined to figure out why the Beta with a theoretically identical clutch was so bad.

• 3 weeks later...

OK the 2013 clutch plates look really good. Adhesive properly applied and the tabs are even if not smooth. I'll polish the tabs but I think that's about all I need to do. As for Axelsuv's Fantic, the 307 that my friend had was what started me on the Beta clutch exploration. The Fantics had the best clutch action I had ever ridden and I was determined to figure out why the Beta with a theoretically identical clutch was so bad.

Have owned the 2013 evo for 3 weeks now, clutch worksbetter than any evo or rev 3 i have ever owned ,, can get neutral easily, better than a 2013 gas gas. airbox is now fully water tight, bar dropping it in a stream. Just taken me a while to get used to the super soft power, softest power ever had on a bike, but its the only bike i ever owned that i havent stalled yet ..... ever .. so far its very very good...

• 2 weeks later...

Before reading the original post for the clutch problem with the rev 3 , looked at my fantic 245 , as i had been having problems with that .

Eliminated several problems with it (from the previous owner ) and fitted new friction plates . Horrid ! That would describe the action ,impossible to select neutral , drag like bloody hell . Went away to work and on my trip away saw your post .

Got home ,and had the shock of discovering total coverage ( no bare metal at all ) with friction material and glue .

An age to clean them up but well worth the effort . Will select gear from cold and find neutral with ease weather hot or cold .

Action very good . Learned a valuable lesson there . Good one !

Shy .

Have owned the 2013 evo for 3 weeks now, clutch worksbetter than any evo or rev 3 i have ever owned ,, can get neutral easily, better than a 2013 gas gas. airbox is now fully water tight, bar dropping it in a stream. Just taken me a while to get used to the super soft power, softest power ever had on a bike, but its the only bike i ever owned that i havent stalled yet ..... ever .. so far its very very good...

Hi deadwood i'm so glad that you wrote this as i have just ordered a 300 evo , and everyone was telling me wot an animal it would be and i was worried that i had done the wrong thing, but i'm a lot happier now

• 1 month later...

Well, finally got out for a day to ride the new bike. Once I got used to it a bit I tried riding the '08 and what a difference. I couldn't ride the '08 to save my life. Couldn't find traction, couldn't balance. Granted this was on snow and icy ground but wow. Hopping back on the '13 it all seemed so easy. I guess I can sell the '08 now.

Ah, there goes a snow plow. Yup one day of riding on a few small patches of semi-bare ground and last night another foot of snow. Dammit!

• 3 weeks later...