Trials Tyres

fatbastard

i had an x11 on my sherco and loved it then it wore down so i tried a dunlop in my opinion i found it was nowhere near as good in the wet. hard to tell in the dry.

then got a Gas Gas whith x lite and and never going back! best tyre ever! alot more flexible/softer than others thus giving you more grip!

ben

dunlops are horrifically unpopular in the south - for their price (in the IRC & Michelin league) they don't sell at all, if you want cheap you buy budgets like vee rubbers, etc or if you want road work then go pirelli.

My son always has used X11 or X Lites but his latest X11 has ended up with a cut up the side wall after only a few weeks.

Speaking to a lad on Sunday it was him who said they were becoming the tyre of choice .

Looks like its another X-Lite then , thanks for your opinions though much appreciated.

I've been using X11s and need a new set soon; I notice that the X Lites are only about a fiver more per tyre than the X11s. Do they wear faster? Are there any disadvantages to them over the X11s? I assume from reading through the threads on here that they perform better.

the x lites are more likely to puncture on rocks as they have very thin sidewalls. as the lites are softer they will wear qiucker but not noticeably qiuckly. as they are more soft and flexibal they would give more grip>

hope this helps

ben

Edited by shercoben12

general feedback has been that they are better, but the wear rate is greater (some report very quick), plus as above, the construction seams to be less strong (as the key factor is they are lighter). but we are mostly on mud and roots, you might find it different on mostly rocks.