Places To Mount A Gopro?

sherco34

The chest mount shows gradients better than the helmet mounted option. The helmet mount makes everything look flat-and makes the video quite boring. I haven't tried a handlebar mout yet, but would expect it would be all over the place due to the shocks.

I have been using a Chesty mount, camera flipped and set to record upside down, tilt Go-pro 5cm ish, the higher the camera the flatter the terrain looks.

DA614EC8-C5DA-4FC2-82A9-33830C562181-1747-000000606C722815.jpg

I haven't got any trials footage together but here is a quick edit i did when i get the chest mount, i'm probably going to get a small extension to space it out when i get time to experiment.

• Like 1

since getting a gopro for christmas and not having the chance to use it yet, when i do use it i want to get the best angles first time, so what angles work best/where is best to mount it?

Dorothy Perkins changing rooms :unsure:

I have a Contour and mounted it on my bars a while back. It turned out pretty good. I thought the video wouldn't turn out that good but was pleasantly surprised.

This is from Scarlett while we were testing some of the sections we used for the Youth British rounds here on the Isle of Man back in July.

https://contour.com/videos/watch/more-bar-mounted-action

What's the benefit of running the camera upside down as everyone seems to do?

If its right way up the only adjustment is down there is no way of changing the angle to point up, when on the bike your already lent over the bars all you get is tank footage, if you set your Go-pro to record upside down i just saves you flipping the image in your computer and makes clips instantly watchable.

If its right way up the only adjustment is down there is no way of changing the angle to point up, when on the bike your already lent over the bars all you get is tank footage, if you set your Go-pro to record upside down i just saves you flipping the image in your computer and makes clips instantly watchable.

Ah, yes, that suddenly all makes sense. Thanks for indulging me!

Your video looks good, will aim for that kind of angle with mine.