Cub Hubs Trick Forks

bobb

hello,

i'm building a tiger cub and i'm looking for wheels and forks

where can i get hubs (alloys) or what do i need to do to improve the stock hubs

(i heard i should make the back hub wider)

i have a aprilia mono fork (35mm) i would like to modify so it looks pre 65

who are the enginiers that can do something like that anyone has contact data from them ( email or phone ? )

kind regards bob

your aprilia forks arent modiefied to make them look pre65.. ..

the sliders would be turned down so that they are wafer thin then a pair of norton sliders are bored to accept the sliders and the two are married together..

this is not a cheap or quick operation and if you have to ask the price then its too much. just look how much the norton sliders are fetching.. if any become available

A pair of hubs and the forks modified assuming you supply the forks and the Norton sliders wont leave you any change from £800 then you need the wheels building up spindles making and of course fork yokes and dont forget the frame mods and at least electronic ignition. Now you see why a decent Pre65 Cub will set you back £5000 and thats for a used example.

Depends what specification you are building to and what events you intend riding the machine in. The "cheat" forks are expensive and why they should be acceptable to the Scottish Pre 65 is still in my mind unreal as nobody, but nobody had them fitted back then ! ...... and again if "that" is THE event youy are building for then look at the frame as well and the fact that it must run on an Amal.

If you are building to any other Vintage Trials org, check their regs and you may find you can use B50 4stud forks which has a 3/4" stem and will take a Yamaha TY front wheel.

Tony

post-4447-0-99270400-1359404375_thumb.jpg

Depends what specification you are building to and what events you intend riding the machine in. The "cheat" forks are expensive and why they should be acceptable to the Scottish Pre 65 is still in my mind unreal as nobody, but nobody had them fitted back then ! ...... and again if "that" is THE event youy are building for then look at the frame as well and the fact that it must run on an Amal.

If you are building to any other Vintage Trials org, check their regs and you may find you can use B50 4stud forks which has a 3/4" stem and will take a Yamaha TY front wheel.

Tony

Just advise me how much would a B50 front end cost in good condition like yours? Your points are valid but most clubs would not like a TY front wheel or rear for that matter.

your aprilia forks arent modiefied to make them look pre65.. ..

the sliders would be turned down so that they are wafer thin then a pair of norton sliders are bored to accept the sliders and the two are married together..

this is not a cheap or quick operation and if you have to ask the price then its too much. just look how much the norton sliders are fetching.. if any become available

I've seen leading axle forks modified to remove the leading axle bit at the bottom. Then a new piece is welded on and machined to take the spindle so that the spindle is then located directly under the fork. More machining I guess to the sliders to remove evidence of caliper anchor points etc, paint them black and they're done.

Hi Guys,

I have been pushing the four stud forks for some while now,

These forks can be built out of mainly new parts quite cheaply compared with any thing else, mainly using Wassel parts. Wayne Weedon makes vented caps for these forks now and we are working on other parts for the forks. TY 250 fork yokes can also be used.and don't forget these forks were 1966 in origin? BSA GP Victor! And are a lot more British, than most forks used in the so called Pre 65 .

Regards Charlie.

I believe someone has had "new" Roadholder bottoms cast. Had a price from Alan Whitton to machine Marzocchis to fit 3ta/5ta bottoms, I need to find some first but it wasn't too bad a price.

As others have said depends on what you intend to ride, as I am riding BMCA events which have a specials class it's easier to build a bike with what is to hand without taking the p*** and tick the specials box on the entry form. If however I was to take the plunge and try for Scotland I'd need to change the forks and fit an Amal carb, Who knows one day maybe? in the meantime I'll ride the bike I have built.

Next build is a C15, it will have Fantic forks and wheels, I'll just tick that box again......... :icon_salut:

OTF, that set cost $75 off ebay complete with yokes and stem. Of course in the USA we can use anything up to 1974 for Ahrma and ITSA. No restraints on frame, or carbs with our ITSA trials.

Tony

Bloody hell you yanks are so lucky. The carriage alone would cost more than that over here. Id be amazed if you could get them in the UK for under £300 and all that for a set of forks that would be "illegal" at a lot of clubs.

Obviously much easier and cheaper in the US with their rules.

I guess that Royal Enfield fork legs would be legal. Its a fifties design. They are 35mm and they are cheap. I will use them on my pre 65 bike.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item27cf241276 or http://www.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com

Use what you like but if you ever try to ride the scottish p65 2 day you will probably have probs at scrutineering. Leading axle methinks. Think you will find it's been tightened up since i think it was Calvert won with leading axle forks on a cub.

i'm not intressed in riding scotland

in europe rules are not so tight

my bsa has ty rear and fantic front wheel and thats ok over here

i'll see if the ty wheel fits my cub frame

i found some nice hercules forks from light enduro/army bike seems to be perfect for a light cub

frame is armac so scotland is not an option and i dont want to build a bike for 1 trial i might have a chance to ride in some years

i got some prices for hubs 480 £ for 2 hubs and brake plates

are the a lot lighter then stock hubs ? these are for sale from £20

kind regards

• Like 1

Use what you like but if you ever try to ride the scottish p65 2 day you will probably have probs at scrutineering. Leading axle methinks. Think you will find it's been tightened up since i think it was Calvert won with leading axle forks on a cub.

The SSDT pre 65 rules say nothing about leading axle http://www.ssdt.org/... Entry Pack.pdf As far as i know the design is externally identical or almost identical to this 1955 design http://www.hitchcock...ssembly_-_contd. and I have seen it on photos of trials bikes in the late fifties.