Might Be A Stupid Question...?

tom g

hi im after a trials bike like a beta evo 125. there is many more i would consider just using that as an example.

what realistically would the top speed be of a bike like this? im 22 just under 6' and very thin so i dont weigh alot.

the reason im asking is if i can avoid it i dont want to have to get a trailer to get to events. if i registered it with the dvla, mot, insurance etc would it be ok to ride on the road? i.e. not too slow i would be a hazard to myself. 125 is the only option because i dont have a motorbike licence.

hope someone can help i have been googling for a while but not much has come up.

cheers tom

I rode a 125 in the ssdt and more than one day it can be over 20 miles of road to the first group of sections, it had no problem, 35 mph is probably a comfortable speed to not over do it.

I'm sure you will get plenty offers of help with transport one you join the trials scene.

Most like to double up to share costs.

I suppose if a trials 10/15 miles away riding there could be on but it has other practical implications like fuel,breakdowns,daylight etc.

ok thanks for the advice. i will be going to a few events before i commit to buying so i will hopefully see some of you about so i apologise in advance for all the questions i may be bombarding you with.

you need to consider the other things you wil need at the event itself, fuel, tools, spares, food/drink. Also if you're bike breaks down you are stranded.

As above,there will always be someone with a van with space once you get started & ask around.

I live nearish to blackburn lancashire.

I have been looking at the racks that go on the back. I didnt know that was an option but seems a good idea as long as i don't get a handlebar through the rear window.

Tom get yourself down to an event near you and maybe observe whats going on trials riders are generally friendly folk and see how people get their bikes to events, if its not far a bike rack would work fine im sure.

:agreed: plus you will soon make some good friends and learn a LOT by watching and observers are always welcome.

Yep, best way is to get yourself down to a trial - you won't go far wrong doing that !!.. good option for you may be Darwen Trials Club http://www.darwentrialsclub.co.uk/ which should be fairly handy for you. Really friendly club, very helpful gang and loads of people who'll point you in the right direction and offer advice etc - next one is 7th Apr I think. Oh and I use a Dave Cooper Bike rack for transporting my gasser and it works really well, rack is on and off in 5 mins (bit like me in most trials !!).