Who Thinks Non Stop Is A Good Idea

But this is a chicken before the egg ????

Bicycle trials developed out of motorcycle trials ... And I believe our current crop of world class riders started on bicycles ....

So yes styles evolve , And the guys above are FANTASTIC . But I still like to ride my bikes .

Glenn

And the soundtrack does leave abit to be desired ....(must be the old guy brain part !)

Edited by axulsuv

And I believe our current crop of world class riders started on bicycles ....

But I still like to ride my bikes .

Glenn

I get what your saying ___but____for sure but the future of trials is with the youth, it's more than the current crop of world class riders who have crossed over from bicycles. I had a 18 year old show up to ride last week at my riding area, he first was bopping around on his trials bicycle, then later got on his trials motorcycle.

So, what riders have the FIM changed the rules for?

cheers

We have one of the top bicycle trials riders in the world that lives min from us! Awesome guy, and amazing to watch on a trials motorcycle. He sometimes rides moto as well, and can hop a bike around as good as anyone. Unfortunately, this isnt riding a trials motorcycle. It will only take you so far, at some point you have to be able to properly ride a bike. We will see what no stop does good or bad.

• Like 2

On the up? Did you see the scores? Bet not many riders enjoyed that yesterday.... No stop should be kept to pre 65/ twin shock classes and the likes of the ssdt/loch lomond/reeth/lakes etc where the sections allow for flowing style trials.... British champs riders will go clean all day at these kind of trials no problem the sections need to be more severe to push the boundaries. What the top riders in the country/world can make a 65kg motorbike do is awesome, why peg them back so that older guys and lesser riders can enter a trial and drop hundreds of marks? It won't attract any more to the sport, let's be serious the top riders will still be the top riders and everyone else will find it too hard. It's swings and roundabouts. An issue we will all have to agree to disagree on. Shame the FIM went ahead and made the changes. That FIM no stop video is cringe-worthy. Not impressive atall. It's not 1970 anymore, things move on.

Your rant is not in context with my post, it was made regarding the number entered and spectators that rushed from section to section to watch the event.

Tut .tut,it's worth watching just to listen to those Yammy/Scorpa hybrids,never heard a better sounding trialler.

Certainly better than that old BSA and yellow thing whatever it is that clutters our northern trials scene.

See you ay Kidlaw?

• Like 1

I still consider myself a rider, albeit getting on in years. I have been directly involved in trials in Canada for about 40yrs. My son is an up and coming rider. I have ridden most of my life with some sort of stop allowed and sometimes no stop. I totally understand where Raga and other top riders are coming from when they complain about the new rule changes.

But, I do understand that at this rate, the sport is not sustainable. FIM is being forced to try and make changes to find a way to get more people involved in the sport, which will help sell more bikes, which will afford the factories to spend more money on the sport. Its all intertwined. Any importer or manufacture surely must know by the numbers, that there is a problem.

I do not know if no stop is the answer, only time will tell. But, we should all put our energy into trying to figure out what the answer is, instead of moaning about the changes, when in reality we just love trials and riding trials bikes. It may take years, but I say at least the FIM is recognizing the problem and trying to work at it.

I would be interested in hearing what someone like Dougie has to say about it.....or Jordi, Colomer...Michaud.

• Like 2

The fim is fiddling while rome burns. No stop or stop at wtc will make no difference, but if it does I will be the first to say "I was wrong".

Steve why are the numbers dwindling at the top level, who are the riders not competing who you would think should be, those are the ones you need to askwhat needs to be done, not the champions from the past....

It's the people who buy the bikes you should ask, not the people who are given them ?

:agreed: As said numerous times before who cares what happens at the WTC BTC whatever? It's what happens at the next Club trial that has a massive effect of whether the sport thrives or suffers a long and protracted death. Those are the riders that matter. Experts don't buy anything they expect to be given stuff all the time that the rest of us directly or indirectly have to subsidise and pay for.