Who Thinks Non Stop Is A Good Idea

I think I came up with an idea that will level the playing field a bit at WTC. perhaps back at the beginning of the 2000's when we heard rumours of the FIM mandating 4ts, this is where it would head. As you read it, take in mind that I dont want 2ts to go away and do in fact think they are superior for Expert riding! ( except Bou's and Fuji's bikes).

What if every WTC top level rider had to ride a production 4t trials bike? Honestly after riding 4t's for quite a few years now, they are fun no doubt, but way harder to ride on some stuff, especially really big stuff. I still think Bou would be world champ, but if everyone had to ride a production 4T bike, it sure would help in easing the sections a bit, and maybe bridge the gap a bit too..... just a thought!

Ah but as was found out in Road Racing there are production bikes and "production bikes". Best way is for the Fim to allocate a bike purchased at random from a local dealer without ANY prior notification at each round to be given to the rider an hour prior to the start and all components to be marked and if ANY are changed the instant disqualification. Either that or the good old US idea of anybody can buy the bike at the end of the comp for silly money.

just testing the EM 5.7 electric trials bike, brilliant non-stop bike, but getting back to top riders, if the FIM regulated the competition trial bike back to something that is more mainstream (as in a seat, larger tank, etc then sales would go up for the manufacturers. The bike would not be so specialized, yes Bou would win but just maybe the sections would be more appealing to the second tear riders.

• Like 2

In every sport you have your "freaks" that no one else can even come close to. In motocross/supercross you have Villopoto, Dungey, Reed, Stewart. In moto GP you have Lorenzo, Rossi, Pedrosa. And in Trial you have Bou, Raga, Cabes. What separates Trial from just about any other sport is the fact that at the top level only the top riders in the world can make it through the course. While in Moto GP, Motocross, and most world Enduro events just about anyone who somewhat rides can make it around a lap on one of those tracks.

What I see the FIM trying to do is to make the sections look more appealing to riders that aren't at that top level. What I don't get is why? If you are trying to truly find the best rider in the world why dumb down the sections in the WORLD TRIAL CHAMPIONSHIPS for anyone to try and ride. If the riders don't have the ability to compete in the WTC then they should stick to their national championship rounds or local events until they are ready.

• Like 2

just testing the EM 5.7 electric trials bike, brilliant non-stop bike, but getting back to top riders, if the FIM regulated the competition trial bike back to something that is more mainstream (as in a seat, larger tank, etc then sales would go up for the manufacturers. The bike would not be so specialized, yes Bou would win but just maybe the sections would be more appealing to the second tear riders.

Why would sales of trialsbikes go up simply cos it looks like and ossa explorer? These bikes just dont sell, i guess a few beta alps and pampera gassers have done but very very few, and not in any numbers here so guess its worse where you are?

Are you the importer for the em five seven??????????????

• 2 weeks later...

Answering the original question of this post, I must admit that what I've seen of the World Champs thus far on non-stop rules looks very promising. A few comments about incorrect marking but they have always been there so nothing new there! Overall I think the potential for this to develop into something quite spectacular is there in front of our eyes given the right terrain and some imaginative section plotting. That is the key, good section plotting. Keen to see how it develops to be honest ...... onwards and upwards :)

• Like 3

Answering the original question of this post, I must admit that what I've seen of the World Champs thus far on non-stop rules looks very promising. A few comments about incorrect marking but they have always been there so nothing new there! Overall I think the potential for this to develop into something quite spectacular is there in front of our eyes given the right terrain and some imaginative section plotting. That is the key, good section plotting. Keen to see how it develops to be honest ...... onwards and upwards :)

Agreed......

From what I have seen from Japan WR U Tube Videos, I also like what I see. Stop and Hop almost seems like a different sport compared to the riding in Japan. But the section design also had a lot to do with it.....minimal set up needed, so not to much need for the riders to pause.

And I didn't see any "stops" that would warrant a 5.

Edited by kramit

Personally I have actually enjoyed watching the you tube videos. The riders seem to flow through the sections better and it certainly requires great skill to do this. I think as the championship progresses, then they will get even better.

The problem I have with it, is actually with the FIM. They should never have called it No Stop, as clearly this is not the case from the videos I've seen, from what I can see, a momentary pause is acceptable. However as long as all the riders are given the same treatment, then I don't have a problem with this. The FIM should just make this very clear to all. I think maybe it should be called the New "Only Stop for a split second, or I'll five you rule".

As I said, I like the way the riders are riding, it's more enjoyable than watching someone stop and balance, or rushing through due to the time limit.

Alternatively the FIM could employ professional observers, who travel to all rounds and observe strictly to the rules, taking the pressure away from the volunteer observers.

• Like 1