Who Thinks Non Stop Is A Good Idea

B 40 I think you would be surprised how few are "given" bikes. most experts buy their bikes and stuff.

The BTC and WTC does matter, its a shop window we cannot afford to do without.

What could happen at the next club trial which would affect anything?

Surely the people that buy the bikes ride what rules they want?

. Any importer or manufacture surely must know by the numbers, that there is a problem.

For North America, road legal trial bikes with tank and seats(kits) will X 4 their sales. I know this for a fact. That will put a lot of riders on trials bikes as it did in the 70's. With enduro riders now Xtraining to trials the stage is set. cheers.

There only 2,500,000 views on this video. :wall: Manufacturers, take advantage of this!!! This is a trials revolution now entering the massive enduro world.

Edited by borus
  • Like 1

:agreed: As said numerous times before who cares what happens at the WTC BTC whatever? It's what happens at the next Club trial that has a massive effect of whether the sport thrives or suffers a long and protracted death. Those are the riders that matter. Experts don't buy anything they expect to be given stuff all the time that the rest of us directly or indirectly have to subsidise and pay for.

Experts don't buy anything ? Think you're exaggerating a bit.

For North America, road legal trial bikes with tank and seats(kits) will X 4 their sales. I know this for a fact. That will put a lot of riders on trials bikes as it did in the 70's. With enduro riders now Xtraining to trials the stage is set. cheers.

There only 2,500,000 views on this video. :wall: Manufacturers, take advantage of this!!! This is a trials revolution now entering the massive enduro world.

The following is my opinion as it relates to Trials in USA

This is actually part of the problem not the solution for Trials. Riders of other motorsports (IE enduro, motox, woods, GNCC etc.) do recognize the skills that trials provides but they only see it as a way of adding skill to their current chosen sport. They do not see it as another serious option of competition. So these other riders will considering buying used bikes and just put around the yard or go "play" at the local riding area, and no interest in entering events. So maybe there are some indirect new bike sales, (guy sells old bike and buys new or newer bike and so on) but the sport of trials will not grow because we do not get new competitors from this type of "cross training".

Just my opinion,

• Like 2

Enduro riders crosstraining on trials bikes???? Wonder why? Could it be that every top Enduro or Extreme enduro rider in the world right now is an ex- trials rider! Now less people are riding trials, especially younger riders who are good, because they actually have a chance at making a living, riding extreme enduro, at least in North America, but I think its probably true worldwide.

Nigel, I actually think that current and past champion trials riders should be starting some sort of discussion group sanctioned by the FIM, over a lengthy period to monitor and see what changes need to be done to get the numbers up again. Its not a simple solution by any means, and I sure dont pretend that I know all, or any answers. Surely the prices of current bikes are a contributor as well. I think Ishy has raised the point on here many times, that if someone offered a competitive air cooled entry level bike at half the price of what they are now, they would fly off the shelf. The bulk of worldwide riders who buy trials bikes, are miles away from National and International skill level, and would enjoy the sport equally as much as they do on modern 8K priced bikes!

Me too more than once, the manufacturers instead of discussing rules should be discussing a ty 80 modern day replica, made by them all, just a different colour. sales are amortised its sold as a loss leader kids get involved cheaply some hang in some dads buy bikes, win win?

past champs maybe but why isnt Gomez Gibert morris connor bruand Wigg Danby Smage and webb not doing the wtc?

• Like 1

Me too more than once, the manufacturers instead of discussing rules should be discussing a ty 80 modern day replica, made by them all, just a different colour. sales are amortised its sold as a loss leader kids get involved cheaply some hang in some dads buy bikes, win win?

past champs maybe but why isnt Gomez Gibert morris connor bruand Wigg Danby Smage and webb not doing the wtc?

All the youngsters you mention and many more that have trained all there lives to possess such extremely high skill levels can see that the huge financial committement to relocate and be full time entrants in the WTC brings little reward and very little recognition. Add to that a governing body that seems to keep moving the goal posts, who can blame them for looking elsewhere or dropping off the scene.

• Like 1

$$$$$ is the answer why they dont do it! And, I feel the difficulty level is so high, and that the top 4 or 5 are so much better than anyone else, unless you can get paid to go to the WTC, and put in the time to even try and get as good as them, how is it possible? The whole scenario is a bit of a catch 22. In the 70's, 80's, 90's, and early 2000's, a good National rider from almost any country, could enter a world round if it came to there home country, and not feel too out of place. That is getting further and further away. Except of course for the hub of Europe with the big country's, ie- spain, france, italy, UK etc.

Good luck with that, I cant help thinking their standard not be good enough, here's hoping Im wrong. But before anyone gets the wrong idea its the level of competition we have here in europe and the european championships that give the eurosfrom a very young age head start.

Good luck with that, I cant help thinking their standard not be good enough, here's hoping Im wrong. But before anyone gets the wrong idea its the level of competition we have here in europe and the european championships that give the eurosfrom a very young age head start.

Sure complain that we need more riders in the WTC, but then try to discourage anyone that is not from Europe from attempting the series.

How about waiting to critique their performance after they have had a chance to perform.

Bou won't be #1 forever, Raga, Fuji, Caby, Fejardo won't be able to ride forever.....................We need some of these "younger" riders to give it a go, From whatever countries they come from.

• Like 2

I think I came up with an idea that will level the playing field a bit at WTC. perhaps back at the beginning of the 2000's when we heard rumours of the FIM mandating 4ts, this is where it would head. As you read it, take in mind that I dont want 2ts to go away and do in fact think they are superior for Expert riding! ( except Bou's and Fuji's bikes).

What if every WTC top level rider had to ride a production 4t trials bike? Honestly after riding 4t's for quite a few years now, they are fun no doubt, but way harder to ride on some stuff, especially really big stuff. I still think Bou would be world champ, but if everyone had to ride a production 4T bike, it sure would help in easing the sections a bit, and maybe bridge the gap a bit too..... just a thought!