What Wheel Bearings To Use?

nige02

skf are expensive but they do last longer like 8/10 months. Or get the cheap ones off ebay and change every month !

Or go for somewhere in the middle, pack them with quality grease often, and they last "forever"

-Jan

• Like 1

I get the ones gasgas sells, I just now know to pack with grease when installing, and pack again in 6 months, they have lived well. I use heavy performance waterproof grease when I do it... try not to aim High Pressure washer at them of course.

• 4 weeks later...

SKF bearings are made in China, so any decent brand will probably be the same item without SKF in front of it, as long as it has a number, once you have the number you can get good bearings anywhere

If you go on line there are several companies that offer a quick service where you just enter the OD, ID and depth and up comes a choice, i use Simply Bearings,

Double lip sealed is the type you want, the spherical ones I got for my CCM were PTFE lubricated and the price was good :icon_salut: