Where To Spectate Sunday/monday In Ne England

totty79

Hi,

I'm looking to spectate at a trail on Sunday in part just for the fun of it but also to get an idea what to expect from an easy/novice route.

Seaton Delaval and Richmond Motor Club are both have trials listed and are within reasonable traveling distance.

I've tried this previously and only really found people riding between sections, and sections in quarries which I'm hoping were part of an advanced route as the riding was well beyond my current capabilities.

Has anyone got any advice on a suitable place and time?

Thanks

Allan

Why not go along to either and join,Go about 1 hour earlier than then start time,at least you can have a walk around to see how hard or easy the sections are,You will learn more riding than watching,Plus if you find some sections too hard,you can always miss them out.Or even offer to observe, Most clubs would welcome any extra help.

• Like 1

Hi alan, weardale has a trial on sunday at rogerley quarrie near frosterly,its a great venue with loads of space to ride if you want to take your bike and have a bit of practice.Or just go to the seaton delavel trial on monday which is also a good venue,like everyone has said you only learn when you do one,we all had to start some where.like wobblenorbed said if you want some one to talk to or advice PM me and al see you there.

i am truly a terrible rider and been doing it for 3 years i fell off 6ft into my first section at my first trial and not a lot better now but i love it. go to the trial get talking to riders im sure some will offer for you to join them makes it a lot easier

I just started couple of weeks ago and went to warden law first then next day a trial at woolsingham bedburn. must say was quite shocked that it was clased as easy but after all I am a novice so it all ooks a bit tricky. managed two rounds and was burned out but was great fun. last sunday was ridsdale and this was superb for novice and for practice one mate just decided he wanted practice so was a winner for all. I realised from my first trial was to walk the course as it makes it a bit easier than just give it a go. like what others say just bypass ones you don't like and move on to one that feels safe enough to try.

the thing s it is a no brainer wardenlaw £10.00 trials £10-12 and all seems very friendly but I think after my wife seen my trials attire I may need some new clothing, apparently jodhpurs aren't cool

cheers gary

Thanks for the advice, especially the offers to ride around with me, it's very much appreciated.

I can see why it would be better to ride but I've got loads of excuses - for a start no bike transport or ACU license. I've also only had 2.5 hours on the bike and I suppose the main one is my girlfriends coming to spectate with me and won't be amused if I ditch her to ride.

I've got two Sundays available next month when I'm planning to ride. I can get a van from work most weekends but it's in use this one.

The plan really is to watch this weekend, practise on another two evenings then enter a trial.

Gary, warden law is the only place I've ridden it's under 2 miles from my house so I plan to just ride there once I've got a MOT. My trials gear is currently road bike boots complete with toe sliders and trousers with army surplus jacket.

Cheers

Allan

Edited by totty79

lucky for me there is about 5 of us just getting into it and warden law is good when there is a few to push you along. mind it also can push you beyond your ability though if you don't try I guess you wont know. get the good lady to spectate just tell her there lots of folk falling off and she might think it sounds like fun.

mind at a trial it is much more nerve racking and a good bit of advice is let most get out the way so it is less stressful.

you will enjoy Alan though even though I am training 3 days a week and fairly fit I find after the trial I am very tired. certainly a lot more physical than it looks

cheers Gary

Just thought I should post back with my plans after all of the help I've been offered.

I've just joined Consett trials club, I'll apply for an ACU license over the weekend and I intend to spectate at rogerley quarrie on Sunday.

Hi all new member here. Have just returned to trials last year after giving up as a schoolboy early 80's. and in the last 8 months have met some really decent people who are more than willing to guide you and help you out, once you get the first couple of trials done you will be addicted and more you ride easy it becomes . here's to bank holiday trials fun GET IN

Sten - I've seen a lot of unusual attire at trials, old Ncb wellies, boiler suits,Barbour jackets etc but never seen someone in jodhpurs before, it did make me laugh but at least your having a go

Totty79 - you might not love your first trial and if you want to pack in half way round, do it! But stick at it and the second trial will be brilliant, on

Only do what you're happy with and enjoy the feeling of cleaning your first section, I've been trialling 3 yrs now and at a recent one there was a section where I looked at first and thought"no way" but I gave it a go and fived it, but kept trying and on lap 4 cleaned it properly, made my day, still chuffed with it actually! :-)