Gasgas 250 2011?

shercoben12

You keep saying "TXT 250 barrel". To me that seems like you are talking about a "pre PRO" barrel? If so that will definitly not fit.

A 250 PRO barrel will fit together with 250 piston and head. I am pretty sure that the 300 head doesnt fit on a 250 barrel.

-Jan

PS: I can pefectly understand why you want to switch to 250 :) Get rid of the 300 and buy yourself a 250. Think thats the easyest/cheapest solution

Ben - Its best to drop the TXT nomenclature as it used by both the "Edition" and "Pro" lines so doesn't specify either. I dont know Why GG did that, but they do strange things in marketing and logic doesnt always apply. (It doesnt in my case either and probably explains why I like the bikes so much :iamwithstupid: )

All large bore (250,280,300) "pro" cylinders will will fit Pro cases - they are the same except for Bore. You would of course need a different piston and head insert and new head O-rings. You should also check the squish after the swap and determine the correct base gasket thickness. If in doubt, always go too thick. JSE has some good tech articles on the subject.

The "Edition" type cylinder will not fit "pro" cases.

Also - 250 Pistons come in different sizes or oversizes -. A,B,C are all slightly bigger than the next - so you would have to check the piston you have for proper fit regardless of it being a 250 piston and 250 jug. (nothing is simple is it...)

Edited by laser1

first! thanks very much laser for the great info!

i was asking if a "pre pro" barrel would fit a pro engine. i cannot seem to find anyone selling a used second hand 250 barrel. so was wondering if an older one would fit. the reason i want to do this is because of some very silly insuarance issue stating i cant ride a 300 untill i am 15. even though i am perfectly capable on it and ride it better han my 125. so i need to change it to a 250. dont realy want to sell it as its a very nice bike which has had many mods done and trick bits.

If you make the change from a 300 jug and piston to a 250 set, how will the insurance people know that the bike is now a 250?

If they look at the serial number of the bike or motor, it will still indicate 300.

I would hate to see you go to a lot of work and expense and then the insurance people still say it is a 300 based on the serial number.

Maybe they will just look at the bike. In that case, you don't need new jug and piston, you just need new plastics. :rotfl: